2nd run car Dyno #'s

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
:D I Dyno'ed this morning at Paul's Automotive here in Cincinnati, The weather is in the low 70's, 90% Humid, it rained all night. I have a 2nd run car with the YDHO program. The car has 600 miles on it, I have a Bassani X with Cats and Bassani cat back off of my 01 Cobra. Everything else is stock down to the air filter. Now for the numbers.
1st Pull 388.4 RWHP 377.1 RWTQ Max air/Fuel 10.5
2nd pull 392.7 RWHP 382.0 RWTQ Max air/fuel 10.8
This pull we removed the snorkle from the air box.
3rd pull 398.2 RWHP 383.6 RWTQ Max air/fuel 11.0
Now we added a Cold air Kit from Rick at Amazon Racing.
4th pull 420 RWHP 390.7 RWTQ Max air/fuel 11.5 that's a pick up of 22 RWHP from just adding Ricks cold air kit.
On the last pull we changed the mass air meter to a 95 MM unit, we didn't gain a thing, so leave it alone! So this is my longest post ever. Final numbers. 420RWHP and390.7 RWTQ I can't tell you how happy I am.

Tim:D

Rwick7

Established Member
Damn good numbers...I'd say these cars come a little bottled up...;-)

I can't freakin wait to get mine.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by LR 01 Cobra
:D
On the last pull we changed the mass air meter to a 95 MM unit, we didn't gain a thing, so leave it alone! So this is my longest post ever. Final numbers. 420RWHP and390.7 RWTQ I can't tell you how happy I am.

Tim:D

I am not an automotive professional (don't even play one on TV), but I would be you would see an improvement with a larger Mass Air and TB at higher boost levels. Can anyone validate/debunk this?

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Re: Re: 2nd run car Dyno #'s

Originally posted by NetworkingGuru

I am not an automotive professional (don't even play one on TV), but I would be you would see an improvement with a larger Mass Air and TB at higher boost levels. Can anyone validate/debunk this?

I can only post what I've seen. We only changed the mass air, not the TB. I feel the the TB change will give you more HP. I think the mass air would help a bone stock car. My 02 Cents

Tim:)

Dr. Jamie Meyer

Why would you lift?
Established Member
Timmy's got a FREAK!
The car shocked the crowd at Paul's this morning.
Congrats Tim.
Now, when are we going to the track?

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
You can't believe how lould the blower gets when you switch out the air box for a cold air kit. Pulley and a chip are next.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread