2nd Kill in the L

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Left work late on Saturday and turned down the service drive. This red 2002 Camaro SS was turning from the opposite way. We were driving a little ways, I noticed it has exhaust for sure...and who knows what else...but prolly not too much.

We both hit the gas at 35MPH....I pull ahead just by inches....then he is starting to reel me in at around 50-60MPH..(I then realize it's a 6 speed)....then from 60-80MPH I am building good boost and just edge him out. His front bumper was by my mirror/door handle area. It was very close, but I have to chalk up a win!!! I was very surprised!!:-D He then waved to me and turned into Autozone. Not bad for a mostly stock L!:rockon:

I wish we could have gone from a stop...or a 60MPH roll..My truck rips at 60MPH!!

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Nice, that seems about right. I raced my friends 99 L a couple of weeks ago in my bone stock 98 SS. From a dig we were DEAD even all the way up to 75-80....closest race I have ever been in. From a 60 roll(he said the same thing you did about his truck ripping at that mph). I immediately started pulling him and by 120-130 I was a good 3 cars up on him. He has an intake, flows, and some kind of custom tune.
And by the way, you have some absolute sick cars in your sig. I am officially jealous LOL.

Last edited:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
silverstang00 said:
Nice, that seems about right. I raced my friends 99 L a couple of weeks ago in my bone stock 98 SS. From a dig we were DEAD even all the way up to 100....closest race I have ever been in. From a 60 roll(he said the same thing you did about his truck ripping at that mph). I immediately started pulling him and by 120-130 I was a good 3 cars up on him. He has an intake, flows, and some kind of custom tune.
And by the way, you have some absolute sick cars in your sig. I am officially jealous LOL.

Well, thank you. I am a hard working man!! I worked part time since I was 14....and I have been working full time since I graduated high school..(2000)

So, you said at a 60MPH roll...you just left him uh? I figured it would be the other way around because I can still get 2nd gear and it pulls hard...but oh well...This story happened on this past Saturday, which is the last Sat. I work for the summer!!! I will be going to the track soon with my friend who has an 01 L with a 6# lower and T-body...Can't wait to see the difference.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
SVT32VDOHC said:
Well, thank you. I am a hard working man!! I worked part time since I was 14....and I have been working full time since I graduated high school..(2000)

So, you said at a 60MPH roll...you just left him uh? I figured it would be the other way around because I can still get 2nd gear and it pulls hard...but oh well...This story happened on this past Saturday, which is the last Sat. I work for the summer!!! I will be going to the track soon with my friend who has an 01 L with a 6# lower and T-body...Can't wait to see the difference.
I wouldnt say "left" him. After the 3rd honk I jumped out 1/2 car or so and continued to steadily pull until 120 when I let off. He was very suprised also, and didnt know the LS1 had so much top end pull. It was hard to tell, but the general consensus between everybody was that when I let off I was about 3 cars ahead.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Yeah, they sure do go on top end. I remember dreading racing those LS1's before my Cobra was S/C. I would go like hell til 60 then they would zip past me!!!

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
pewter99_trans said:
Yea I ran 3 lightnings in my trans am before I sold it and they hung well until I hit 3rd and I put a few cars on em from 70+. Gotta love drivin the brick :)

Yeah, my Lightning is hung very well!!!:lol1:

I gotta get to the track, I can't wait I love taking my new toys out there!! I don't care about the 70 miles each way and the amount of gas...because it is prolly still cheaper than a night at the bar!!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread