2nd Annual Terminator Shootout Track Rental @ MIR!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Okay folks........Ready for Round Two???

The Mid Atlantic Cobra Association is proud to announce the Second Annual Terminator Shootout Track Rental on Saturday, October 17th from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) in Budds Creek, Md. The goal of this shootout is to once again promote the largest gathering in history of 03/04' Cobras at any one drag racing event! At last years event, we set the current record with 42 Terminators participating in the racing and 83 spectators/crew members! Our goal this year is to have 60 Terminators!

MIR has a reputation for quality and positive density altitude conditions and has been the site of many all-time Terminator records. It has an elevation of 80 feet and October weather in Maryland should provide an excellent opportunity for some record setting runs. Last year's Shootout was held on October 11th and the DA was -209 when the racing started and that with an unseasonably warm temperature of 60 degrees.

MACA will also be hosting a club track event during this rental and have invited the folks from 6 Speed Online to participate. There will be an index-style format for this one which will take place between the Terminator Shootout class racing. This will be an opportunity for MACA's non-Terminator Cobras to participate in the day's events against some very high-end German and Italian imports.

The Terminator Shootout is limited to 03/04' Cobras only. Once again there will be three racing classes: 1) Eaton only - IRS, Solid Axle, Manual, Auto, and 2) Open - Eaton with spray, Twin screw, Turbo, or Centrifigul, 3) Bracket class (Non Terminators welcome this year!!!). Winners will receive a $250 cash prize in each class, (still looking for a couple of sponsors!).

Cost will be $40 for racing and $15 for spectators. Once again, screened UnderArmour event T-Shirts (Blue or Maroon this year....), will be available for sale at the event for $20 per shirt. The MACA membership will assist our out of town guests with lodging if so desired.

Terminator Shootout Sponsors!!!
1) Posi Performance - Expert in blower porting, TB/Plenum porting, and much more. Distributor for Dragon & Metco products. (Screen name = Posi)

2) Wiseguy Racing - Distributor of just about any Cobra/Mustang performance part ever made!! And great mechanic! (Screen name = Wiseguy@BAP)

3) Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets - Home of the "No Drill Front License Plate Bracket". Excellent product! (Screen name = TORQJNKY)

4) Johnny Lightning Performance - Full service Mustang/Lightning shop, specializing in motor building, Kenne Bell sales/installs, and tuning. (screen name = Johnnylightning)

MACA Housing Availability
IronTerp - 96stanggt
TRBO VNM
FISHTAIL

Post on up if you're in! Please indicate class you would like to enter.

Terminator Shootout Participants
1) IronTerp - Eaton
2) Posi - Eaton/Open?
3) Venimus03 - Eaton
4) 04yellowcobra - Eaton
5) blown281 - Open (turbo)
6) z28th1s - Eaton
7) Snakesvt04 - Open
8) blksvtCOBRA714 - Eaton
9) BADASS03SVT - Eaton
10) VAMPIR3 - Open
11) 03cobra283 - Open
12) 2bscrewed - Open (turbo)
13) Boobinspector - Eaton
14) F8LBITEva - Eaton
15) NeverFastEngh - Open
16) C MY 4D - Eaton
17) 96stanggt - Eaton
18) 03 TOPLESSSVT - Eaton
19) 1fastredcobra - Eaton
20) 96n03Cobra - Open
21) BlckBox04 - Open
22) TRBO VNM - Open (turbo)
23) Evil_SVT - Open
24) Blown86 - Open
25) VENOMOUS96 - Eaton
26) MrMason - Bracket ?
27) Nino S - Open
28) StrokerCobra -Open
29) Cobra2706 - Open
30) Red Poison - Eaton
31) HURTEM - Eaton
32) WV_Snake - Open
33) SONIC BOOM 03 - Eaton
34) SLOWBRA98 - Eaton
35) Ethomass - Open
36) 10thcoupe - Eaton
37) sonic03snake - Eaton
38) uloze04cobra - Eaton
39) Juiced46 - Open (turbo)
40) Tims97SVT - Eaton
41) Evan5469 - Eaton
42) DEVIL - Eaton
43) 03CobraDom - Eaton
44) CST 03 - Open
45) tms217 - Open

Some quick notes:
- I'll bring 2 complete OEM halfshafts with all the necessary tools. That should not be a concern. But, it'll cost you 100 bucks for the halfshaft!!! (What it cost me......)
- We will be using a Full Sportsman Tree for all racing classes. There will be a 2 to 2.5 hour test and tune period prior to the start of the class racing, (Great time for personal records or......More!). Eaton and Open classes will alternate through each round until there is a winner in each class. The Bracket class will follow shortly after for anyone that would like to participate. Cost is $40 for the day for all classes.

Last edited:

iBiTe03

Established Member
Why does everything cool with our cars happen on the west or east coast. The midwest blows. :bash:

IronTerp

Why does everything cool with our cars happen on the west or east coast. The midwest blows. :bash:
Come on Joe.......You KNOW you want to make the trip! We'll even put up so you can save some money! Last year we had folks from Georgia, South Carolina, and Massachussets. :beer:

So Dwight I can race in the bracket class?
Yup, sure can Cory. And can race in the Index Classes as well.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

start planning!! its 900 miles each way!!! Im traveling 500 miles man..Larry and Eric came 700 or 800 last year. cmon!

yellowgt02

Established Member
LOL. 900 miles is small beans.

Im 2400 miles away. Maybe its something that I could plan for next year :rolling:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm in but not sure which class yet. Can we decide that day?

I'll have the Eaton on the car and a 100 shot most likely but I need to find out what times it'll be putting down.

Oh and I'll be a sponsor as well. We'll get that worked out soon.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Looking forward to seeing the results.

Hey Dwight, who is handling the video? We foreigners want to see the action.

IronTerp

I'm in but not sure which class yet. Can we decide that day?

I'll have the Eaton on the car and a 100 shot most likely but I need to find out what times it'll be putting down.

Oh and I'll be a sponsor as well. We'll get that worked out soon.
Brian, thanks for being a sponsor! That's awesome.....:beer:

And you can decide what class you want to race in right up until we call to the staging lanes.

iBiTe03

Established Member
Come on Joe.......You KNOW you want to make the trip! We'll even put up so you can save some money! Last year we had folks from Georgia, South Carolina, and Massachussets. :beer:

Yup, sure can Cory. And can race in the Index Classes as well.

start planning!! its 900 miles each way!!! Im traveling 500 miles man..Larry and Eric came 700 or 800 last year. cmon!
I'll see what I can do, I haven't ruled it out yet:thumbsup:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
It was a pretty long trip, but well worth it last year. We had a blast. Don't know if I'll be able to make it this year or not, but if I do I'll be in the open class and possibly run the bracket as well. I'll miss the pro tree though. Why not do a pro tree on the heads up classes and a sportsman tree for the bracket race?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I'll be back again this year, last year was a blast!! :banana:

I will do the 'Eaton Only' and/or the 11.50 index class.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
told you i'll be there. for those wanting some PB this is the perfect track for it, the weather is perfcet this time of year in maryland. i believe also you can stay for MIR's tnt after, so it can be a all track event for those traveling

Users who are viewing this thread