2nd Amendment vs New Orleans

RidnRodsLightng

Established Member
i think those people that refuse to leave are just going to make it harder for the rescue workers not only trying to save their lives, but the people refusing to leave are just going to be more corpses to retrieve later. It's stupid. I read a report this morning that some of the people are running high fevers, not knowing who they are and where they are, dehydrated....sometimes you h ave to make decisions for those who cannot make their own decisions.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
RidnRodsLightng said:
i think those people that refuse to leave are just going to make it harder for the rescue workers not only trying to save their lives, but the people refusing to leave are just going to be more corpses to retrieve later. It's stupid. I read a report this morning that some of the people are running high fevers, not knowing who they are and where they are, dehydrated....sometimes you h ave to make decisions for those who cannot make their own decisions.

That last line has an error in it. It should read like this: "...sometimes you have to make decision for those who WON'T make their own decisions."

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Elastic Clause of the constitution allows the bending of the constitution when it is felt necessary. How many amendments do you think there would be if there was no elastic clause?

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
CobraGuy99 said:
That last line has an error in it. It should read like this: "...sometimes you have to make decision for those who WON'T make their own decisions."

To be correct it should read like this: "...sometimes the government has to make decisions for those citizens who do not agree with the officially approved decision."

From what they had on the news yesterday it looked like some sections of NO were high and dry with very little damage and they were still kicking people out and taking their guns. :shrug:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
bunny_power said:
To be correct it should read like this: "...sometimes the government has to make decisions for those citizens who do not agree with the officially approved decision."

From what they had on the news yesterday it looked like some sections of NO were high and dry with very little damage and they were still kicking people out and taking their guns. :shrug:

I've seen birds eye view pics of New Orleans and that place is pretty torn up. They're trying to evacuate EVERYONE.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
But what does the 2nd amendment say in its entirety? It doesnt proclaim that each individual citizen has the sole right, by himself, to possess a firearm at any time!

It says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

On that note, I have no problem with a competent, healthy and stable person possessing as many firearms as makes them happy and can afford. I just wish that they would train with them and receive competent instruction in the use of firearms and safety.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
RidnRodsLightng said:

Not another Schiavo controversy!!!

RidnRodsLightng

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Not another Schiavo controversy!!!

well, on that note, she was dead a long time ago. I don't mean keeping the dead alive by a machine or tube.

There are however times when you can be stupid sick and not be able to make rational decisions.

I don't believe in a big government. But those people need to get the F*** out of the way and let the rescue workers do their job and get back to their own families!

HellsBells

Do you smell that?
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
But what does the 2nd amendment say in its entirety? It doesnt proclaim that each individual citizen has the sole right, by himself, to possess a firearm at any time!

It says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

On that note, I have no problem with a competent, healthy and stable person possessing as many firearms as makes them happy and can afford. I just wish that they would train with them and receive competent instruction in the use of firearms and safety.

Yeah that is a very good point. It is too bad that the left is so anti-gun. If gun safety and proper handling of a fire are were taught in schools there would be many less gun deaths. Because this issue is so politically charged that will never happen.

Schools in Swizerland, every male is a member of the militia, and is graded on their shooting abilities in school.

During the cold war, every able bodied male Norwegian was issued a full auto AR and charged with protecting the border from U.S.S.R. I thought that this would be a good way to protect the border with mexico. :)

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
'On that note, I have no problem with a competent, healthy and stable person possessing as many firearms as makes them happy and can afford. I just wish that they would train with them and receive competent instruction in the use of firearms and safety."

Maybe the nice officers would like to see my DD214, 2 Honorable Discharge Certificates, and NRA Firearms Safety Course paperwork before they knock me over the head on the way out the door? :bored:

Saw them tackle an old woman and take her to the floor on TV...in her own home. She was explaining she had food & water...all the while with a pistol in her hand.
I guess she was guilty of "brandishing" and needed taking down.

If it happens in Lousy-anna, it can happen where I live & no amount of reasoning with the authorities will work.
Guess I will just have to be a nice little citizen & STFU...bury my hardware, and come back for 'em later.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:

shhh you'll get the sinisterangels in the world on your butt, lol.

yeah but that whole well-regulated thing ends at point of sale usually. yep pain in the butt to get one, well regulated and all, but once you got it, you're home free as a private civilian.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Mo Boost said:
Maybe the nice officers would like to see my DD214, 2 Honorable Discharge Certificates, and NRA Firearms Safety Course paperwork before they knock me over the head on the way out the door? :bored:

Saw them tackle an old woman and take her to the floor on TV...in her own home. She was explaining she had food & water...all the while with a pistol in her hand.

If it happens in Lousy-anna, it can happen where I live & no amount of reasoning with the authorities will work.
Guess I will just have to be a nice little citizen & STFU...bury my hardware, and come back for 'em later.

There was one guy in handcuffs who told the cameraman that the cops were scared because his gun was bigger than theirs, and this was all in what looked like a pretty nice area. :shrug:

I'm just waiting to see if anybody opens up on the cops when they come to force an eviction.
VoteFromRooftops.jpg

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
When it comes down to authorities disarming the citizenry in times of crisis, there are a couple of things to consider.

Everyone has the right to defend themselves. Period.

On the other hand, there are erratic people out there who may have all the "paper requirements" to carry a firearm, but that same paperwork doesn't certify their mental state, mental capacity, or sanity.

An independent person shouldn't have to rely on civil authorities to keep themselves safe from other people....hell, the state & federal governments have proven they are incapable of protecting the general populace in wake of disasters.
Don't get me wrong. I love cops, I love law & order.....but in the absence of law & order, who has the responsibility to protect me, my friends & family from a mob of predatory dirtbags? :mj:

The State giveth, the State taketh away. The same situation happened with gold ownership in the US just after the Depression hit.

Private citizens could own gold, and the US Mint had actually struck a few coins for sale in 1933, then the federal Government rescinded the law.
2 1933 gold Double Eagles were known to exist, the rest were the property of the government and melted.

Until August, 2005, the last 2 coins were museum curiosities. 10 coins that weren't supposed to exist were willingly turned over to the US government for authentication. When the coins were found to be genuine, they were immediately confiscated.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-08-25-usmint-rare-coins_x.htm

Confiscated, even though it is legal for private citizens to own gold...but not this particular gold. :bored:

Remember this fact...when it is convenient for the government to enforce the law, it is supposed to be in the citizen's interest....but you will never have more money or power than the State thinks you are capable of handling.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Mo Boost said:
Until August, 2005, the last 2 coins were museum curiosities. 10 coins that weren't supposed to exist were willingly turned over to the US government for authentication. When the coins were found to be genuine, they were immediately confiscated.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-08-25-usmint-rare-coins_x.htm

Confiscated, even though it is legal for private citizens to own gold...but not this particular gold. :bored:

It was stolen from the mint, it was not the citizen's gold to own :poke:

blown88gt

Established Member
Reasons like what is happening in N.O. now is why the founders of this country made the second admendment. If there was no Miltia there would be no USA. I believe that we are already being infringed upson enough. They are trying to get the general public use to it and take control little at a time. Judging by some of the responses on here looks as if they are doing a good job.

The second admendment does include all american citizens. It says

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Being Necessary not an option. How can it mean only certain people when it says the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE. Not the right of certain people, but all people.

If La had a regulated Miltia all this crap with snipers shooting at rescue workers and needing military help. A good Militia would have taken care of it. I still say they are doing this in total disregard to the constitution and it is just the begining.

oldmodman

Established Member
Mo Boost said:

After seeing that on TV I'm even MORE ashamed to be from California. The "Jack Booted Thugs" that used a ram to smash her front door open and knock the old woman to the ground were California Highway Patrol Officers. I guess that little old ladies were their speed. They should have been breaking into houses in the dangerous areas of town where the looters are known to be. But I guess that might be too dangerous for them. But I do have to admit that they were taking tremendous risks in removing old folks from their homes.
Leave the damn people alone! Getting an order from an elected official doesn't make it right or lawful! :nono: If those people want to stay in their houses let them! If they get sick and die it's THEIR RIGHT to do so. Does not matter if you like it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread