$2K, what mods to buy?

rick17587

Addicted to Snakes
Established Member
coreseller said:
Forging the motor will eat up double your budget. A truly smart man would get a Roth IRA instead, depending on your age that would buy you a new car, gotta wait decades though....:shrug: .

True, but you can't do a smokey burnout :burnout: in a Roth IRA, and their 1/4 mile times suck. :beer:

pest36

Established Member
save that for a down payment on an 04.................

i wish i did!! nice car though man

cobraracer46

Banned
Since a Cobra needs as much tire as possible in order to perform well ,I would recommend getting a set of 17x9 and 17x10.5 wheels and some Goodyear GSD 3, 275 40 17 and 315 35 17 tires. The steeda extended front ball joint set and a bump steer kit would also be a good idea since the car is lowered. I would also concentrate on learning how drive the car and forgetting about any power adder for the time being because on a road course track a faster driver will lap quicker than a slow driver in a fast car.

coreseller

Established Member
rick17587 said:
True, but you can't do a smokey burnout :burnout: in a Roth IRA, and their 1/4 mile times suck. :beer:

Talk to me in 20 to 30 years when that $2k spent on dual gofasters would of become $10k to $30k depending on the investment. Don't get me wrong, I threw away loads of money on cars in my earlier years, just trying to pass on a little lesson (it was a helluva lot of fun though).....:beer: .

elyrain

Established Member
Get some better half shafts if you like the track at all. At least then you could sell your stockers for a little $$ instead of throwing them in the trash when they break.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
01greycobra said:
Call me an idiot.....but whats a roth ira?:read:

:loser:

In short, IRA = Individual Retirement Account. The money you contribute grows tax-free. There is a max you can contribute each year. I think it is $4,000ish. There are income limitations as well. Once you cross a certain gross income, you cannot use IRA's. It's a good investment.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
coreseller said:
Talk to me in 20 to 30 years when that $2k spent on dual gofasters would of become $10k to $30k depending on the investment. Don't get me wrong, I threw away loads of money on cars in my earlier years, just trying to pass on a little lesson (it was a helluva lot of fun though).....:beer: .

I agree 1000%

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
quadcammer said:
I agree 1000%

I agree . Dont invest to much in your car. I wish I would have not went so over board . Even thow its nice to see the face on the terminator owner after he meets the terminator killer:D .

Just get a 75 shot and finish the boldons. like NAZ said your car would still be pretty fast.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I contribute fully to my Roth IRA, then spend a little on my car and a little on my truck...when funds allow.

Anyway, I'd get some 03 Cobra halfshafts, JLT RAI or UPR Powerpipe, ported stock intake, Hooker or Kooks longtubes, and a dyno tune. That should put you about 320-330rwhp and all that stuff aside from the JLT(sell it) will still work great with a blower later down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread