2jz fox body swap

racewithsnails

Established Member
I am in the planning stages of a fox body build and was thinking of going the 2jz turbo route. Can anyone offer me some insight on the specifics required to pull such a feat off. I would also like to know how this compares to the complexity of dropping a 4 valve terminator engine into an 87-93 5.0.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
jay-z.jpg
jay-z.jpg
A 2JZ???

That would be interesting! I think that motor is one of the few that's worthy of being transplanted into a ford. Just as long as you don't put a dodge or chevy motor into it. Or (god forbid) a honda or other import motor.

Would you have the 6 speed supra transmission as well?

I think it would be "more and less" complex. You'll have to find a donor harness either way....A standalone harness would be the best idea..

You'll need new motor mounts either way. You can get a K member that makes a 4V a bolt in ordeal...

With the straight 6 swap, you probably won't need to mess with your master cylinder and install a hydraboost system like you need to do with the 4V swap.

Here's one thing to think about!! Certain 80's mustangs and Ford Fairmonts came with a factory straight 6 cylinder. Those cars have a unique K member that only works with straight sixes. It might be worth looking for one to see if it'd be easier to make mounts using that K member.

On the other hand, an aftermarket K member would probably be the best route because you can fab up mounts to make the motor sit as low or far back as you want.

With enough work, anything can be done... I'd only do it if I had a wrecked supra with a good engine, (call Hulk Hogan's son) and a mustang rolling chassis with no engine. Only then would it be worth the time. If you have to go out of your way to source the parts, it would probably be worth going out of your way to source parts that are easier to install.

Homer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread