2cent guys. Coolant issues

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
So the cars coolant cap belched and i searched on forum for answers then put in a new t stat 170 burped the system. Seemed to be running fine. 2 weeks later today it happened again but didnt run hot at all.. Its a 5 mile drive to my office the car hardly gets warm it is 10degs out today. I think the pump is going out cause I have a winey noise coming from what I think is the pump. But before I brake the tools out I could use a second opinion. Thanks :shrug:

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
Update! not that anyone is putting in there 2cents. fan works also. Burped the damn thing again. about to go for a drive and see what happens. maybe it just time to get a new radiator res tank non plastic.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
And you followed the burp procedure to the T in the how to section?

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
yeah sure did but when it belched, today I think I get more air in it when I filled it back up

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
well after a hard drive nothing happened. So I guess I will just keep driving and see how it goes.

not yeah but its next. getting a tank also. This just gives me a reason to buy one.

Hopefully you purchased a Moroso and not a Canton. The oem tanks leave a lot to be desired and for what a replacement costs, an aluminum one is the only wat to go. I have the Moroso black powder coated one and it uses the Ford cap.

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
Hopefully you purchased a Moroso and not a Canton. The oem tanks leave a lot to be desired and for what a replacement costs, an aluminum one is the only wat to go. I have the Moroso black powder coated one and it uses the Ford cap.
I already have a Moroso on the SC so yes im going with the same for the other.

mike.b

Established Member
Upon further inspection its the driver side HEADGASKET. Shit!

Going through the exact same thing right now. I think I have a head gasket problem. Just did a block test in the garage and it came out ok. I have some light white smoke out the back as well with some drippage out the tail pipe.

Next up is a compression test I guess.

How did you determine head gasket for sure??

Users who are viewing this thread