295's on 10.5 wheels

Caseindaplace

Established Member
I don't man sorry. I put them on towards the end of summer and only have about 50 miles on them before putting the car away for the winter.

They got good reviews and I was looking for a more "all around tire" after my nitto drags.

This is the only pic I have before putting her away. Not a good tire shot though.
View attachment 1462367

All good! Looks great! I always hear people say they put their cars away for the winter - for me it’s go time all year round haha - LA

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ClayDee

Established Member
Keep my car out year round, South Georgia weather. I decided to stay with the 17x9 stockers all the way around for now, use the money elsewhere. But I did buy 275/40 for the front and 285/40 for the rear, Continental Extreme Contact Sports. I'm enjoying them so far. Real nice comfortable, quiet ride. They perform well in dry conditions. I rarely drive in the rain so no experience in wet conditions.....

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Thank you. Hard to make these cars look bad, everyone has their own style and choices/experiences which makes it great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blownfox

Established Member
My car came with 18x10 with a spacer (i think 5/8). I didnt think the car needed the spacer but it gives is the flush fender look. the Tires were 295x35x18 nittos. The tires did a decent job on a bolt on cobra. I added the low profile bolt for my 305x35x18 R888 that will be installed once it warms up.

36140859375_474aa62c44_c.jpg

35300010304_68aa34ebb8_c.jpg

hotcobra03

Established Member
Keep my car out year round, South Georgia weather. I decided to stay with the 17x9 stockers all the way around for now, use the money elsewhere. But I did buy 275/40 for the front and 285/40 for the rear, Continental Extreme Contact Sports. I'm enjoying them so far. Real nice comfortable, quiet ride. They perform well in dry conditions. I rarely drive in the rain so no experience in wet conditions.....

I have been on stock since 03..

I just did reps in rear..17x10.5

wish I would have done this sooner..

not that tire spin is much less..it feels better on turns..and does make the rear look better..

I also went with the nitto g2 315.

ClayDee

Established Member
I have been on stock since 03..

I just did reps in rear..17x10.5

wish I would have done this sooner..

not that tire spin is much less..it feels better on turns..and does make the rear look better..

I also went with the nitto g2 315.

Yea, I may switch to the 10.5 reps sometime in the future. What company, reps did you go with?

hotcobra03

Established Member
I went with SVE..
Center cap from oem fit..

lmr I got them from..used discount code..

I live close to them..shipping is very fast..

KBR

Established Member
I ran a 18x10 with 315 Toyo proxes TQ lowered on H&R Sport Springs. Only thing I had to do was roll the fenders. No bolt swapping or anything else

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I didn't think 315/30-18 would work on 18x10?
I've been holding out/looking for chrome 18x10.5 wheels, but they are hard to come by. AFS is out of stock. Rovos makes black chrome. All of the other chrome wheels I've found available are 18x10.

Last edited:

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I didn't think 315/30-18 would work on 18x10?
I've been holding out/looking for chrome 18x10.5 wheels, but they are hard to come by. AFS is out of stock. Rovos makes black chrome. All the other wheels available are 18x10.

The Toyos seem to run a bit thinner than a normal 315 from the research that I did. Could be the reason why they worked on a 18x10 ?

thatdude305

Established Member
I have Toyo 305/35/18 in rear and I have some rubbing issues. I've rubbed off paint down to bare metal on certain spots. I believe I either need a better alignment or stiffer shocks
IMAG0029.jpg

Frankycheechoo

Established Member
Each car and rim/tire set is different. I had 10.5 Cobra replicas on my car with Sumitomos and they didn't rub. Swapped to my FR500's with Nitto 555R's and it rubbed the fender. Just needed to roll it a little. The G2's rub the fender on the same FR500's. So I need to roll it a little more. I do have the low pro IRS bolts, but the only time the tire hits is when I jack up the car and the suspension is at full droop.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Sorry I know this old thread but maybe someone can help or give input . I have 17x10.5 reps deep dish woth 315 555r I wanna the tear to stick out a at least flush what’s the best back spacing I can put with out rolling my fenders I will lower it soon .

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sorry I know this old thread but maybe someone can help or give input . I have 17x10.5 reps deep dish woth 315 555r I wanna the tear to stick out a at least flush what’s the best back spacing I can put with out rolling my fenders I will lower it soon .

I couldn't tell you the backspacing as I'm still running the same FR500's I mentioned in that old post. If you want to lower it and have the tire sit flush I think you're going to have to roll the fenders. I can't see how it would clear otherwise. Rolling the fenders isn't as bad as people think.

Users who are viewing this thread