295/45-17 MT on a stock 9" rim?

My96z

Established Member
I am going to be looking for some tires soon and I see that Mickey Thompson has a drag radial in 295/45-17. Will these fit on the rear of our cobras? I have a SRA, 10th anni rims.

I did some internet searching and it seems that the f-body and vette guys use them but they are on a 9.5" rim. Anyone have any pics? If they bulge alot, I will just stick with the 275.

good_times44

Established Member
I have them on my 03, but Im still IRS. I have H&R race springs as well, no issues here.
IMG_0930.gif

IMG_0933.gif

IMG_0928.gif

good_times44

Established Member
Thanks! Looks like they fit great. How do you like them?

I like them, they hook up much better than any drag radial I've ever ran. My 2.9 Whipple goes on later this week, so we'll see how well they work with a higher power level. I had a friend who ran these with 680hp and was running 10.30's on them at 15 psi. I wanna say 1.6' 60 foot times.

My96z

Established Member
Thanks for the review! I should be about 650rwhp myself here soon. Been reading around on these and they seem to be well liked.

By looking at your pics, they dont look to run very wide. I dont really see any excessive bulge either.

good_times44

Established Member
Thanks for the review! I should be about 650rwhp myself here soon. Been reading around on these and they seem to be well liked.

By looking at your pics, they dont look to run very wide. I dont really see any excessive bulge either.

They don't bulge much at all. Not a bad fit at all. They are 28 inches tall pretty much fills the wheel well.

Users who are viewing this thread