295/40/18

Zeus's Thunder

Established Member
I was looking at tires last night and noticed Falken makes the Azenis in 295/40/18. I looked up the over all diameter of these and the stock F1's. I will lose just over an inch in the over all tire diameter. I can recalibrate my speedo with my xcal2 right? Will going with these tires cause any more problems?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
IDK where you got the numbers from but the tire size you list is only .1-.2 shorter in height than the stock F1's. Stock is 28.5" compared to ~ 28.4" for the Falken size you listed above.

Mondo1

Established Member
Actually the difference is almost 5 mm. about 1/4 inch total.Your final drive ratio will increase to close to a 3.90 and your engine rpm's will also increase at any speed. Fuel milage will decrease very slightly as well as ride. Just curious why you didn't go with a 295/45 aspect ratio. I believe they make that size in a V rating (150 mph) Hankook also makes this size and they are a great tire. The v rating offers much longer tread life with little sacrifice in dry traction.

Last edited:

Zeus's Thunder

Established Member
Mondo1 said:
Actually the difference is almost 5 mm. about 1/4 inch total.Your final drive ratio will increase to close to a 3.90 and your engine rpm's will also increase at any speed. Fuel milage will decrease very slightly as well as ride. Just curious why you didn't go with a 295/45 aspect ratio. I believe they make that size in a V rating (150 mph) Hankook also makes this size and they are a great tire.
Falken doesn't have 295/45. How are the Hankooks Compaired to the stock F1's
Also on the Falken site OTD is 27.2. On goodyear the F1's OTD is 28.5

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you want a comperable performance tire to the F1's get the Nitto 555 in stock size, if you don't mind a little less traction then go with the Hankooks.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Id definitly go with the Nitto 555s like Fade said. They are a great all around tire. Ive used them on a few different vehicles with great results. Those are my next choice.

OH-MAN

Established Member
The other thing to consider is the shorter sidewall.
Less distance between the pothole and rim.
I realize a 45 sidewall is not a truck friendly size either, but shorter is going to stiffen up the ride and put the rims at a higher risk.

Users who are viewing this thread