281 spoiler

JohnnyMystic

Established Member
Which is the best saleen 281 spoiler to buy? I was told that I shouldn't buy one that is fiberglass but all the ones I find are fiberglass. The stock '96 spoiler is made of ABS plastic right? So is there a saleen spoiler out there that's also made of this? I don't want to change spoilers for something less quality.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I bought my kaenen 4-5 years ago, they were hard to find then. They are good quality pieces. I had a friend who spent quite a bit on the authentic 3piece for a 99-04 car, and he had to pay a ton for prep and paint due to the difficult urethane.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
I had a Kaenen one back in the day. They honestly fit better than original Saleen ones and they're four bolt compared to Saleen two bolt. My brother had an authentic Saleen one and sold it and bought a Kaenen one also

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Any one you find that's 4 bolt is good. Stay away from the cheap 2 bolt ones unless you want to two sided tape it down lol

Last edited:

DropTopPony

Still cruzin a 2V
Established Member
I had nothing but trouble with my Saleen 2 bolt S281. Even with double sided tape it wouldn't stay down. I had to glue it to the trunk and sit 100lb dumbbells on the end for a week to get the shape decent.

Users who are viewing this thread