28" tires stock gears

acatalon

Established Member
Thinking about trying this combination, 28 inch et streets and stock gearing. What outcome to expect? Is it too much tire? I know the mph will go up , but what will the ET do?

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
You may run into problems with the ABS sensors. They are going to 'see' the front and rear tires running at different speeds, and may start tripping the light.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
The taller tire will effectively reduce your rear axle ratio numerically, which with all things being equal will slow the car down ET wise AND the mph will not go up since you will be trapping at a lower rpm than with the 26" tall tires. NOW, more gear with the taller tire will lower ET's and raise trap speed. Stay with a 26" drag radial with the stock 3:55's!!!!! BTW, what rpm are you finishing now in 4th?

Last edited:

acatalon

Established Member
Thats a good question I will have to dig that up in a gtech file. It can't be high since I am shifting into 4th about 100ft or so before the line.

Slythrin

I have 28s on my 04 and it does set off the abs light but that is about it. I use them so i can use a deep gear and not be affeted my acceleration

acatalon

Established Member
Shayne: have you track tested the tire and what are the results? My brothers has a set, but he had his gears changed. he has put 373, 390,410 and 430. That was with a 6speed, now he has an auto and 373 and runs 10.5's with a ported Eaton and an upper pulley. So far I've seen 11.06 twice on the same day' I am full weight, my brothers cobra ran 10.94 with seats removed, 410 gears and a 6speed. So I am not very far off from his numbers considering the weight difference. my goal is to get 10.99 full weight without adding more boost

Users who are viewing this thread