28" tall tire?

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I'm looking for a 28 tall tire that IS NOT a drag radial or slick. The only thing I found is M/T Sportsman s/r radial, 28x12.00 R18. The tread pattern is a little funky, they call it "flame". I'm running a 26" tall upfront, M&H 185/50/R18. This is for the street, I have a set-up for slicks.

I may have to go back to a D/R :shrug:

Thanks........:thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Probably going to be your best bet. But with that much gear on the street, I'd run the drag radial.

I like to run the 4:30 on the street. She jumps from a stop light like a jack rabbit with a lit black cat in the butt, surprises the hell out of the camaros. My other 3rd member has 4:10s now, ran 3:90 for a little while. I've run 3 brands of D/Rs they all seem to spin at full psi. I aired down to 15 psi one night, great for take-offs but suck to run around with all night on the street. Just looking for a few more miles out the rears this summer. What the hell, maybe I'll pick-up a pair of the M/Ts run them this summer see what happens.......

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Checked Goodyear (for some reason I forgot) and found, Eagle F1 GS, 295/45/ZR18, on a 10" rim outside dia. (tall) = 28.5 and it doesn't have a funky tread pattern. Ding..Ding..Ding, we may have a winner!

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
I hope you don't care about being able to catch traction, because you will not hook with those tires at all. I'd go with those other mt's that you found over the goodyears.

96cobrastroked

Established Member
idk why people keep buying these street tires and then expecting their cars to hook.... makes noo sense at all. YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAYYYYYY. Buy drag radials and suck it up. or don't complain about your lack of traction.

4:30's?? i'd have the best radial i could buy with those on the street. u think it launches cool now put a nice tire back there and have some fun

mustang john

Established Member
I run 275/60/15 Nitto 555R drag radials for my street tires, they handle most weather conditions decently and have a fairly long tread life on the street. They hook a hell of alot better than a street radial on the street and the track. Got 5k miles on them so far and still have at least half the tread left. Best compromise your gonna find.

Users who are viewing this thread