28" Tall Street Tire???

SonicMIA

Established Member
First things first, the tires that I am looking for are to drive on the Street and mostly concerned about wet tire performance. I have a set of track tires for when I go to the track. I do not street race with the car so I don't really need a street performing tire.

I have been searching for a while now and can't seem to find a 28" tall tire (or at least one close to a 28") for a 17" x 10.5" rim. Would anybody know if there is a Street Tire available that will fit this rim? The closest one I could find is the M&H 325/45/17, BUT the problem with these is that they are not a true 325 according to some of the owners and therefore not wide enough for a 10.5" rim.

Here is a pic I found of someones car that has got that "staggered" look I am trying to go for....(Credit to the owner for the picture)

557aa473.jpg

Any suggestions?

RamboCobra

GET SOME!
Established Member
MandH would be your best bet I was looking for a tall street tire also and couldent
Find one. The 325/45/17 is a nice tire and trust me it fits nicly on a 10.5

SonicMIA

Established Member
MandH would be your best bet I was looking for a tall street tire also and couldent
Find one. The 325/45/17 is a nice tire and trust me it fits nicly on a 10.5

Do you have a pic of the tire on a 10.5 x 17 rim on our cars?

Because I know M&H first release a thinner 325 and then beefed it up another inch or so. Does anyone have a pic of the latest M&H "wider" 325?

Snake Plissken

Established Member
No pics, I'm waiting on my rear wheels from TF, polished Sleepers 10" wide. I have a set of M&H 325 in 18". I compared them today with the BFG drag rad. I'm running now, 295/35/18, 26.2" tall on a 2000 Cobra R wheel 9.5 wide. The m&h 325 is not much wider than my 295 BFG, maybe an inch or so. Shouldn't be any problem mounting on a 10" wide wheel. I want a taller rear tire 'cause I'm run'n a m&h 185/50/18 up-front and it's 26" tall and I like the look (like the above pic.) I'm going to mount one and see how she fits when I get my new wheels.

Car is- 03 Cobra with a 9" rear end.

Users who are viewing this thread