278ah from comp cams

SonicBlueGT1

Established Member
what other mods do you have? i think you would be happy with the 270s and you wouldnt have to do anything but put them in...and i believe they recomment at least a 3:55 in the rearend for those...

gt04pony_13

Established Member
shorty bbk headers bassani x pipe cats. and borla stingers on top ive got steeda pulleys accufab tb and plennum 70mm and a jlt ram 3.73s thats about it. ohh and diablo tuner.

BCM0018

Established Member
unless your looking to put serious money into the motor 270's are what you want.

gt04pony_13

Established Member
270s or 262 the other guy said 262 r better??? this car is not my dd. shes for the weekend races. i just dont have enough for a kenne bell right now but im hoping to upgrade when i can.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
270s or 262 the other guy said 262 r better??? this car is not my dd. shes for the weekend races. i just dont have enough for a kenne bell right now but im hoping to upgrade when i can.

278's ARE good race cams, but remember with your CURRENT set up:

You don't have enough exhaust
You don't have enough gear
You don't have enough head flow and intake also (to take advantage of)

Keep in mind that i AM talking about a weekend warrior. your mods are more in line with a street car. the only reason that i am saying this is those are big cams, bud. you will have to further upgrade everything i mentioned and more, to realize the potential of these. it becomes multiplied when you throw an automatic transmission into the mix ( i don't know what tranny you have )

Since you said that you plan to add a blower in the future, that will defenitely help with the compression side of things. even though i love Twin Screw blowers, with those cams, if it was my drag car, i would get a bad ass centrifical, up the compression even more and gear the hell out of it. :bowdown::bowdown:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
My bolt on 00 with those cams, valve springs, adj timing gears, accufab t/b - plenum, shorties,steel flywheel, centerforce, sct tune and 3.73's made 300 rwhp. Until the crank bearings spun. My pistons where notched while in the block. I have yet to start rebuilding it. This car was my dd also.

SonicBlueGT1

Established Member
well IMO...i was looking into a blower...that is until trick flow came out with there new 2v aftermarket heads...im waiting to see info on paper but they are talking over 370 to the wheels with a set of their heads with comp 270s. these heads flow 240cfm. numbers like that are easily achivable with a blower...however numbers like that on an N/A 2v are great and something to be proud of. i would recommend looking into a heads/cams/intake combo. thats my plans...you will probably be putting down about the same numbers with a full bolt on car and that combo vs a blown 2v. all up to you...thought id throw my 2 cents in.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
well IMO...i was looking into a blower...that is until trick flow came out with there new 2v aftermarket heads...im waiting to see info on paper but they are talking over 370 to the wheels with a set of their heads with comp 270s. these heads flow 240cfm. numbers like that are easily achivable with a blower...however numbers like that on an N/A 2v are great and something to be proud of. i would recommend looking into a heads/cams/intake combo. thats my plans...you will probably be putting down about the same numbers with a full bolt on car and that combo vs a blown 2v. all up to you...thought id throw my 2 cents in.

These new heads look to be the answer for 2V guys who want to get some respectable power N/A
But you can only get so much torque out of 281 ci.
Sooner or later, you WILL be craving more power and that's where FI comes in. besides, any upgrades you make while N/A will only benefit you later when you decide to get blown :beer:

Last edited:

gt04pony_13

Established Member
cool i will consider those heads sounds pretty impressive. will these heads clear the 278's? i thought ive heard they will so u won have to notch the pistons??

gt04pony_13

Established Member
cams up for sale 278's part#102700 bought them of someone that slightly used them for dyno testing they look great i have pics... if you've been following up on my posts im going with diff cams. give offer everything will be considered.

Users who are viewing this thread