275's on stock 93 Cobra wheels?

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
Will it work without rubbing, and are the wheels too narrow for that size tire? If you have any pics of this setup, I would love to see them. Seems like the tire would be too wide for the stock rim.

nolimit89stang

Established Member
they fit just fine you may need to turn your quad shock over(i don't run them) but other than that they work good.

i would put up some pics but i don't know how

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
they fit just fine you may need to turn your quad shock over(i don't run them) but other than that they work good.

i would put up some pics but i don't know how

You have to host them at a picture site like Photobucket. If youdon't want to fool with that, I can PM you my email addy. Thanks...

nolimit89stang

Established Member
if you send me your email i can send them too you, i'm not very good with the internet. but i have run 275 drag radials on four or five different cars with the stock 93 cobra wheels they work pretty good i run them on 10lbs of air and they seem too work the best. i have a set on my 93 cobra now without the fenders rolled and they don't scrub at all

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
if you send me your email i can send them too you, i'm not very good with the internet. but i have run 275 drag radials on four or five different cars with the stock 93 cobra wheels they work pretty good i run them on 10lbs of air and they seem too work the best. i have a set on my 93 cobra now without the fenders rolled and they don't scrub at all

PM sent. THanks..

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
They do hang over a little bit. I have them on my car, lowered and quads in stock position.

Same with me. I have ran several sets of 275 nitto dr's on my stock wheels through the years. They do affect the handling but you only know it if you do 'spirited' driving through the curves

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
Same with me. I have ran several sets of 275 nitto dr's on my stock wheels through the years. They do affect the handling but you only know it if you do 'spirited' driving through the curves

I'm not looking to do drag radials. I'm running Sumitomo HTRZ II's in 245/45/17 all around. They make a 275/40/17 that has the same rolling height as the 245/45's and that is what I was thinking about running on the back. I imagine that it will effect handling a bit, but not as bad as if I was running drag radials. I just don't want to have them pooch out the sides too bad. They are 1.1" wider than the tires I'm running right now. I don't want to have to fight with them rubbing or anything, and don't want to change rims because as we all know, that is a pain with our cars.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I'm not looking to do drag radials. I'm running Sumitomo HTRZ II's in 245/45/17 all around. They make a 275/40/17 that has the same rolling height as the 245/45's and that is what I was thinking about running on the back. I imagine that it will effect handling a bit, but not as bad as if I was running drag radials. I just don't want to have them pooch out the sides too bad. They are 1.1" wider than the tires I'm running right now. I don't want to have to fight with them rubbing or anything, and don't want to change rims because as we all know, that is a pain with our cars.

There is really no difference in the handling quality of a 275 DR and 275 street tire when talking about 17" wheels

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
There is really no difference in the handling quality of a 275 DR and 275 street tire when talking about 17" wheels

I could be wrong, but don't the drag radials have a taller sidewall than a 40 series street tire? If so, it would effect handling.

I know a guy that is running staggerd on his Trans-Am with 315/35/18's on the back and that car sticks like glue.

Last edited:

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
heres some pictures of mine with a 275 nitto on the stock wheel. I ran them on the car without removing my quad shocks. and the back springs were cut about 3/4 of a coil so it is lowered alittle bit. no rub issues at all.

[img=http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/93/1000357gy5um6.th.jpg]

[img=http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9706/1000360py0xy7.th.jpg]

Mike

Those look good. Do you know what the sizing is? 275/40/17? Did you feel any difference in hard cornering either way with them? Are those drag radials or street tires? Thanks for the pics...

1slohawk

Established Member
Those look good. Do you know what the sizing is? 275/40/17? Did you feel any difference in hard cornering either way with them? Are those drag radials or street tires? Thanks for the pics...

they are a 275/40/17. as for street driving I like them alot its just like any other street tire I've driven on. they are the 555r's, as for traction there no m/t et street radial but I still manage to get my car to hook pretty well on the street with them.

Mike

big frank

Stang Freak
Established Member
they are a 275/40/17. as for street driving I like them alot its just like any other street tire I've driven on. they are the 555r's, as for traction there no m/t et street radial but I still manage to get my car to hook pretty well on the street with them.

Mike

Thanks again. That is the info I was looking for. Guess I'll look into them...

Frank

On edit... Do you have a pic of the car from the rear showing the width of the tire and how it looks???

Last edited:

1slohawk

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread