275/60/15 drag radials on 15x10 enough?

RSAGT500

Established Member
I'm not looking to cut a 1.5 or lower 60', But I'd like to get a consistent 1.6ish. Car has just 683rwhp 687rwtq. I've picked up a set of used 15x10 race stars with almost no life on the 275/60/15 Nitto 555r's. Looking at the same size Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial or going with 555r again. Don't want to go bias ply because I've heard not to mix with radial front tires. Thoughts?

Speedboosted

Established Member
If I was going to spend money on another drag radial (which I will probably need to do at the end of this season) I would get the MT ET Street Radial Pro. That tire just flat out hooks like a mofo and is badass. Only size it comes in is the 275/60/15 so you're good to go there. Have you considered a 295/55 or even a 315/50 tire since you have enough wheel for it? I run 275/60 M&H Racemaster's on a 15x8 and it uses most of the tire. I would go bigger on a 15x10 personally. And I just took the car to the track after installing a Trinity TVS, couldn't hook worth shit on the 275, but part of it was the poor track. No dyno numbers but it trapped 131. 18 pounds of boost

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Look into the new MT ET Street R. More size options than the "Pro" and could have limited street use.
Should be enough tire for what you want to do.

Last edited:

RSAGT500

Established Member
I'm picking up a car trailer in less than a week, so I'm not worried about street driving on them. I was looking at the et street radial pro in the size I questioned. Currently I have 305/35/20 555r's on my 20s for street driving and full throttle or even close to it in first just doesn't work out at the track.

I still have the goal of hitting 10s on the 20" 555r's that i have before bolting up the big and littles.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I'm picking up a car trailer in less than a week, so I'm not worried about street driving on them. I was looking at the et street radial pro in the size I questioned. Currently I have 305/35/20 555r's on my 20s for street driving and full throttle or even close to it in first just doesn't work out at the track.

I still have the goal of hitting 10s on the 20" 555r's that i have before bolting up the big and littles.

Are you running just straight pump gas with your setup? A 2.4 upper with 10% lower is like 21 pounds isn't it?

But as for the topic on hand, if you're not worried about street driving just get the stickiest tire you can possibly find. Using that means a M/T or a Hoosier

RSAGT500

Established Member
Are you running just straight pump gas with your setup? A 2.4 upper with 10% lower is like 21 pounds isn't it?

But as for the topic on hand, if you're not worried about street driving just get the stickiest tire you can possibly find. Using that means a M/T or a Hoosier
It's like 19ish psi with the kooks headers and off road x-pipe. I made the dyno numbers on the 93 tune but running 91 octane with Torco mixed about the 95 octane level.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
LCA's and some bald 295 MT mounted on '95gt wheels got me multiple 1.6 short times leaving off idle

Users who are viewing this thread