275/40-17's a problem ?

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
You will have some rubbing in the front, but only when you crank the wheel. Otherwise, they should be no problem. The rubbing on my car was always on the sway bar. Of course, tires differ in size even when they are supposed to be the same. I had bfg g-force TA's on '95 Cobra R's.

Good luck:)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by shadow
I am looking at putting the 275's on my 01 Cobra. Anyone done this ? Is there any clearence problems ?
Thanks

275/40-18's on 00R wheels are fine on my car. The offset on the 95R wheels seem to be a little tighter than the 00R wheels. Not sure how the 01 stock wheels compare.

Brian

99SVTcobraVERT

AS DO I (CHROME 03 COBRA AND BFG GFORCE KD 275-40 ALL THE WAY AROUND) I JUST NEED A SPACER IN THE BACK CAUSE FRONTS STICK OUT FURTHER THAN THE BACKS DO

Taz

Established Member
275's out back will be fine. Just make sure the wheels you mount them on are AT LEAST 9" in width. (Recommended range is 9" - 11" width.)

The stock 8" wheels aren't really wide enough for 275's to fit properly. Oh sure, guys DO mount 275's on 8-inchers, but they're not doing themselves any favors.

I'm running 275's on 10" wide rims on the rear, and I think that combination is just about ideal, but I use narrower front wheels and tires to avoid rubbing issues and having any rubber extending out beyond the fender line.

T-

:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread