265/35/18 and 295/35/18 Combo!

Apicia

Established Member
Been looking for a set of 265/35/18 and 295/35/18s for my 18x9/18x10 wheels. It looks like it's down to three combos.

1. Nitto NT05
2. Nitto Invo Extreme
3. BF Goodrich KDW NT

I see you also have General Exclaim UHPs, but they don't look too attractive. I see your eBay prices are higher than your website prices. I like to order from eBay for all the protection they offer.

The BF Goodrich seem to be the widest, followed by the NT05, then the Invo Extreme. Am I correct? Any forum special or discount? Any other brand of tire that you can make this size combo in?

Swaie

Established Member
I'd like to know too...just bought some 18x9's looking for something wide for the back

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Nice car. Should of just bought mine though. LOL I just picked up another also. 2006 SC in silver. Once I have it home, I'll get some pictures.
Been looking for a set of 265/35/18 and 295/35/18s for my 18x9/18x10 wheels. It looks like it's down to three combos.

1. Nitto NT05
2. Nitto Invo Extreme
3. BF Goodrich KDW NT

I see you also have General Exclaim UHPs, but they don't look too attractive. I see your eBay prices are higher than your website prices. I like to order from eBay for all the protection they offer.

The BF Goodrich seem to be the widest, followed by the NT05, then the Invo Extreme. Am I correct? Any forum special or discount? Any other brand of tire that you can make this size combo in?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I had the KDW 2's in this size combo and I liked them. Great tire. Just thought I'd let you know. The 295's were just about as wide as my 305 nitto drag radials.

1. Nitto NT05
2. Nitto Invo Extreme
3. BF Goodrich KDW NT

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

1. Nitto NT05
2. Nitto Invo Extreme
3. BF Goodrich KDW NT

Thank you for your post. We would be happy to help you with your tire needs.

We currently do not offer discounts to forum members. Unlike some of our competitors, we do not inflate our prices just to offer a discount to a select group. Instead, we guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we carry for everyone. If a competitor has a cheaper delivered price, let us know and we'll beat it :thumbsup:

As far as purchasing off eBay, I assume the added protection you are referring to is PayPal which we now offer on our website :rockon: You can also call us on the phone for PayPal orders as well.

In-regards to your next set of tires, you named the 3 most popular models available in this staggered set. Like you mentioned, the KDW NT is the largest followed by the NT05 and then the Invo. All 3 models are excellent choices and if you need help picking the right one for your needs, let us know.

Teej281

Established Member
I just emailed them with a similar question. Im looking more for handling and street driving than anything else for im starting to get into auto-x and stuff like that. So the Invo's or the NT05's are starting to get my attention...plus i just love nitto tires for some reason.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Teej, I saw your email and just replied actually. I say run the NT05's. They should help fuel your new interest in Autox for sure.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
instead of making a new thread i decided to bump this up. how long do the nt-05's last. im daily driving my car around 200 250 miles a week less than a 1000 a month normally. its a toss up for me with the bfg's and invos. some say the invos have a weak side wall and the kdw's are noisy. im running an 18x9 18x10 set up so id like some input from you travis@dtd.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
Travis is out of the office this week but I would be happy to help.

The NT05 is a max performance summer tire and with a 200 tread wear rating, is estimated to last anywhere from 10K to 20K miles. It all depends on how you maintain your tires and how hard you push them. The NT05 is ideal for the weekend warrior who spends time at the auto-x track or road course. Since your vehicle is a daily driver, the NT05 may not be the best option for you.

What tires are you currently driving on? What are your likes and dislikes? What would you like to improve upon? I assume you will be running your next set in the winter? Will the vehicle see snow? What do you want your next set of tires to do for you?

We look forward to your response.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
im running Nitto NT555II's which i hear is like a track tire soft compound for road racing. this wheel and tire set up i plan on taking off for the winter once the first bit of snow falls and the salt follows. i like these tires i just want a safer tire for those rainy days. ive driven on wet roads but not pouring rain at 50+mph so im trying to avoid wrecking my car. i drive maybe 1000 1250 miles a month no more and the car is daily driven. its just a 2v with bolt on so its not like traction is an issue. and im not a 1/4 mile guy... least i never been yet haha.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
The 555RII is a DOT approved R-compound competittion tire. The NT05 Max Performance is just one class above the RII. The rubber compound is almost as soft and the construction/tread depths are somewhat similar. The NT05 will do better in the rain when compared to the 555RII but as this tire wears down, the wet traction will suffer. I recommend running a tire with more tread depth. A great model to look into that will handle well in the dry and wet that will also last longer than the NT05 is the BFG KDW NT.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Just a quick question. Do you guys take sales tax into account when price matching other vendors?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
Yes we do. When it comes to matching any competitor, we look at the total out the door pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread