26 spline Input Shaft Email from tremec. 2/20

$450 really isn't bad.

I did a 26spline myself for like $350 at the time and I never had an issue with my 10 spline. In fact when I pulled it. if you looked at the teeth, there were no indicators of any 'teeth' wear on it.

Its funny actually, I had a 3-4 synchro issue surface after about 4k after doing my 3.73s. With a Spec 3+ clutch. My 2nd Spec 3+. And I row through the gears like a madman. The car was purchased to enjoy of course.

I use a Ram clutch now, but I think maybe we're minimizing what kind of impact our clutch selection has on our T56.

I say that because I notice the difference shifting from my Ram clutch vs. my Spec 3+.

Sure its just anecdotal evidence but I'm still not seeing the need to run for the 26spline.

And yes I am aware, the T56 Magnum has a 26spline, but has that ever really been a legitimately proven weakness? It all makes sense, just like the cooling mod, I get it, but I am just at a point after inspecting my 10 spline way long ago that maybe our clutch selection how we row from gear to gear and how we adjust our clutch cable at the fire wall, is more of a concern than the 10 spline.

Those are my thoughts at least. Got 121k on my Terminator. Have bought into the hype about doing certain mods, but I'm seeing different wear indicators as the parts get pulled that maybe the problem solving investigation may be approached the wrong way.

AI think sometimes people don't really know how to shift a 6 speed. And yea our Tremec isn't bullet proof, but owning a Terminator doesn't make you a shifting expert. And I'm certainly not inclined to believe that each Terminator owner knows what they're doing when it comes to rowing. Been on BOTH opposite ends of the spectrum. Just food for thought, as they say.

Users who are viewing this thread