255 lph fuel pump

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
Why isn't the Walbro 255 lph pump in upgrading the Terminator instead of the dual conversions and such? It was/is heavily used in alot of other cars, so figure there must be a good reason, I just don't know what it is (yet).

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
Very good question with a very simple answer!

Those pumps are constant voltage pumps, the 03-04 cobras use a variable voltage pump system since the fuel system is returnless. Without a way to return unused fuel the pumps voltage is varied from 0 to as much as 15 volts (at least the parameter can be set that high in a custom tune) to keep up with demand or lack of it. If you used the conventional 255 walbro pumps they will fail since the pump can't deal with the range of voltage they will encounter in a 03-04 application. Hope this helps explain some!:beer: Hermann:rockon:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I have heard multiple failures even in the application for which they were intended, honeslty they are junk. In the other platform I have modded most used Supra TT pumps which were good for 365lph when rewired, not to mention reliable and super quiet.

svt4u2nvy

Established Member
Why isn't the Walbro 255 lph pump in upgrading the Terminator instead of the dual conversions and such? It was/is heavily used in alot of other cars, so figure there must be a good reason, I just don't know what it is (yet).

I am NOT a fan of that company. I bought a pump for my old dakota r/t to keep up with the big n20 shot i had and i didnt work as good as as the stocker.
:fm:

Users who are viewing this thread