2500$ in mods

SVTWARR3N

Established Member
Hello people,
I'm ready to put headers on my car along with gears,pullies,and all the other common bolt ons.I have a few questions about these mods.With new headers will my car run ass unless I get a chip or tune? Can I simply mount and go? I would also like to know how accurate your speedo is with new gears (410's) even with a calibration kit?:shrug:

Any help would be appreciated, I'm not use to moding newer cars.
I dont want to spend money on a chip every time I install a simple mod like headers or pulleys. Stock reliability and operation is a must for me.

KillrCobra

Established Member
With just headers and pullies...minor bolt-ons, you'll be fine without a tune. Of course, if you want to get the most out of those mods then a tune would be a good idea, but don't waste tuning the car after every little mod. Just do them all at the same time and then tune. Reliability wont be an issue without a tune as long as the headers are installed right....no leaks. With 4.10s, just pop in the correct speedo gear and you'll be fine. It will be just as accurate as when it was stock.

Let's see, $2500...L/ts, 4.30s, DRs, and spray. You'll be set then. :D

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by JoeCobra
L/ts, 4.30s, DRs, and spray. You'll be set then. :D

i like the way you think ;)

I agree with JoeCobra, you should alright after all the mods safety wise, but performance wise you'll be lacking quite a bit of power. the LTs and pullies are worth a good 20-25hp. and spray is good for whichever pills you put in it :D

Users who are viewing this thread