25 Rules of Survival... Live life by them...

Constable

Established Member
1- Bring a gun. Better to bring two guns, and all of your friends that have guns.

2- If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and some friends with long guns.

3- Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun that has a caliber number starting with less than "4".

4- Utilize a gun that works "EVERY TIME".

5- Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice... or three times.

6- Only hits count. The only thing worse than a "miss" is a "slow miss".

7- If your shooting stance is good, then you're not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

8- Move away from your attacker. Distance is your ally. Lateral and Diagonal movement is preferred.

9- 10 years from now, noone will remember the details of weapon, caliber, stance, or tactics. They'll only remember who lived and who didn't.

10- If you aren't shooting, you should be reloading, communicating, and running.

11- Accuracy is relative. Most combat shooting standards will be more dependant on the "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

12- Someday, someone may kill you with your own gun. If you acted correctly, he'll have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

13- Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

14- Have a plan. Have a backup plan because the first one WILL NOT work.

15- Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

16- Flank your adversary when possible. Protect YOUR flank.

17- Don't drop your guard... especially after you've just "won".

18- Always tactically reload and threat scan 360 degrees.

19- ALWAYS watch their hands. Hands kill.

20- Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

21- The faster you finish the fight, the less you will get shot.

22- Be polite. Be professional. Have a plan to shoot EVERYONE you meet or who is within range.

23- Be courteous to everyone; friendly to noone.

24- You're number one plan should be a lifelong committment to avoidance, deterrence, combat, breaking contact, and de-escalation.

25- Lady Luck is fickle. She changes her mind at will. Never rely on her.

These words of wisdom were found in the Tactical Response buyer's guide for 2004 (25 Cents Worth of Survival). I hope you all read this and did not dismiss it as a joke. Some of the rules are humurous. You find them funny because, deep down, you know they're absolutely true.

spinscan

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
ok, you bring your 9mm (.35 cal) and I'll bring a 500 S&W Magnum... if I don't hit you, the muzzle blast will knock you off your feet..
;-)
I'll take my chances with my 15 shot 9mm CZ-85 or one of these with a .308 barrel.
encorepistol12scope5vn.jpg

:-D

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
spinscan said:
I'll take my chances with my 15 shot 9mm CZ-85 or one of these with a .308 barrel.
encorepistol12scope5vn.jpg

:-D

i've got a cz-75. very accurate and comfortable. is the 85 the ambidexterous version of the 75?

Users who are viewing this thread