24lb injector quesion

thundermax

Established Member
I got a set of 24lb injectors they are obd2 from 5.4 engine. Will these work ok on fox 5.0 with correct sample tube? or will I have issues with them

thundermax

Established Member
The injectors plug right into my harness, I don't think that I will need the adaptors. I just want to know if I will have any driveability issues with these injectors. Someone told me that obd2 injectors will not work fine with obd1 system on fox body and I needed obd1 injectors. (I think obd1 24lb come on 93 cobra only) I didn't know if that was true. My injectors are out of 5.4 navigator.

cotchnobra

Established Member
to my knowlege fuel injects are the same weather they be from an OBD1 or 2 car. the main differences are the electrical connection and sprayer. old style has a single pin that the fuel hit to cause it to spray. then there is the four hole design and I think there is one that is newer and better than the 4 hole. now you for sure will need a calibrated maf for 24# injectors. I would stay away from the C&L's I have seen to many people with issues from them. get a whole new unit with the sensor like a PMAS or PRO-M.

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
The injectors plug right into my harness, I don't think that I will need the adaptors. I just want to know if I will have any driveability issues with these injectors. Someone told me that obd2 injectors will not work fine with obd1 system on fox body and I needed obd1 injectors. (I think obd1 24lb come on 93 cobra only) I didn't know if that was true. My injectors are out of 5.4 navigator.

The 24lb injectors are the Same type on my 97 Cobra as the ones I use on my 89 Notch. As for the Injectors, if they look the same as the old style injectors, and they have the 4 hole spray injector they may work fine.
The F250 also has 24lb Denso's which appear to be the same, but only have a single Pintle and not 4 like the Mustang requires.

INVNO1

Established Member
Is there a list anywhere of injectors that will work in our cars? I also would like to know what will / wont work.

cotchnobra

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread