245/45/17 on a 9inch rim

tdo

Established Member
I know this is an unusual question for this site, but I am using my 03 Cobra Convt. as a daily driver up here in Michigan.

I need a good all season tire (some light snow driving) on my 17x9 rims. I really don't want the cost, storage and such of owning two sets of tires and switching back and forth. Especially when we only get maybe 5 days out of a winter with snowy roads (they are usually cleaned well in my area).

I have used and really like the BF. Goodrich Traction T/A's. But the largest they come in 17 is 245/45.

Will these look ok all the way around? I actually prefer a wider sidewall (old school guy), so if these will work without trouble, I will probably use them.

The diameter is the same between 275/40 and 245/45.

Thanks for your input.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
No. The tires will bow in away from the edge of the rim and look terrible IMO.

Just stick with the stock size and try the BFG KDWS. Its supposed to be good in snow and sleet and crap.

I have the KDW on my car and I love it in the rain. Insane traction.

tdo

Established Member
According to tire rack, their snow performance only falls into the good range 6.2.

I will keep looking for other tires in that size, now that I know they wouldn't look right.

Maybe I can trade my 9 inch rims for 8 inch.

pvteye

Established Member
I had 245's on the front with Ford FR500's and they worked well.... matter of fact they out lasted the 265's on the rear.... sold tires with the wheels and went with 17 x 10.5 with 315 nittos

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
You are comparing the wear on your Driving tires to the wear on your Non-driving tires?

Apples to Apples man.

Users who are viewing this thread