2400lbs in the bed anyone beat it?

Chas

Established Member
My baby sitters husband asked me to help him get SOME paving stones home from Lowes, so I told him no problem I'd be glad to help out. :bash: Once we got to the store he told me what he needed. I started getting alittle worried about the weight so a little quick math in my head and I came up with about 2000 lbs. I had had about 1600 lbs in the bed when I moved 2 years ago (iron weights) and the truck was fine, so I thought no problem whats another 400 lbs. We got them loaded up and I stepped back to check the level of the truck. The back never dropped more than 2 or 3 inches lower that the front (I have Ground Force 1/2 drop kit) so that was good. Then I looked at the tires (Nitto 555s) and they looked like they had 13 lbs of air in them.:eek: We had about 10 miles to go so I never went over 45 mph. 5 miles was a 2 lane road with no passing zones so you know I had some idoit 3 feet off my bumper the whole way.:cuss: After I got home I added the stones up and they came to 2376 lbs. The truck did good but the tires were a concern. So has anyone had more weight than that in the bed of their L?

Last edited:

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
somebody it's on the way to your house to take the lightning to a nice foster home, you have been acused of lightning abuse.

:-D :D :p :banana: just kidding..:lol1:

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
My cousin towed a small portable office trailer....like one you would see on a construction job site. He towed it about 25 miles.....it looked about like that picture above, it was nuts.

Sonic04

Established Member
svtjackal said:
somebody it's on the way to your house to take the lightning to a nice foster home, you have been acused of lightning abuse.

:-D :D :p :banana: just kidding..:lol1:

:lol: :bash:

I had 85% of the material for my deck in the back of mine, and you know I tow my travel trailer with it.

Chas

Established Member
I wouldn't want anyone to beat it! I was just asking if anyone had. I will not ever do it again it was way to much weight. I think that the side walls on the Nittos are softer than the F1s. Its the only truck I have so sometimes its used as a work truck. If I had wanted a 2 seater that can't hual or tow stuff I would have a Corvette.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
A large percentage of trucks are overloaded in their lifetimes and manufacturers plan for it. You didn't hurt the L, it is still a TRUCK after all.

Mine has never been loaded enought to break a sweat, lol.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
That's why i lvoe this mod....
No chance of anyone ever asking me to tow anything....(shaved bumper = no trailer hitch.

And as far as loading things in the bed... no way jose! I'll use a work truck for that or the wifes expy. Too much $$$ and sweat invested into my ride to even risk it.

shaved%20bumper.JPG

Chas

Established Member
I've always wanted softer springs in the back of the L and I think I got them now. I was outside looking at it and it looked lower in the back than it did before the trip to Lowes. So I measured it sure enough it sits 3/4 inch lower in the back than it did before. On my drive to work Sunday I thought that the ride was smoother but dismissed it as my imagination. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done but it looks like it worked for the best.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I put 1800lbs in the back of mine once. People called me a lier too. :shrug:

Oh and for what it's worth.. if you over load the truck it'll sit on the snubbers. At that point you've overloaded the tires and the outer axle bearings.

The tires will either hold.. or not. And if you overload a roller bearing.. speed is what will build heat and destroy the bearings races.

Rich

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
For what its worth the Nitto DR has a higher load cap than TOYO's
I have only hauled my sisters crap from college and back home, couldnt be more than 1000 lbs of stuff

Users who are viewing this thread