22rwhp off throttle body spacers, really?

air_commando88

Established Member
Now i'm not new to putting mods into my mustang, but i've run into a couple companies claiming to make a throttle body spacer that supposedly has 22rwhp and 22rwtq gains. I also know a guy that recently installed one on a toyota tacoma and said after a dyno pull had similar hp and tq gains. Is someone pulling my leg or are these true accquisations?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
lol, it's a throttle body spacer. Take a look around and see how many people have them as a modification.

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
hahahahahahahahaha that's like saying my bassani sticker that came with my pipes adds 20rwhp and 20ft/lb guaranteed! hahahahaha worthless mods i swear

air_commando88

Established Member
hahahahahahahahaha that's like saying my bassani sticker that came with my pipes adds 20rwhp and 20ft/lb guaranteed! hahahahaha worthless mods i swear

ha, i know a guy with an sti that i swear just buys the stickers and puts them all over his car instead of the parts and claims horsepower gains!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
yeah I did spacers for clearance issue they gain some power but not 20hp not even 20 crankhp, only 2 cars I see them gaining more then 1-2rwhp on is a 03-04 mach1 or 03-04 cobra the mach1's make decent power from intake/tb spacers,and maybe a blown car like a 03-04 cobra might gain power but otherwise its not worth the money to do a spacer maybe 1-2rwhp I gained when i did my, but I did a new throttle body along withit.

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
The only use these have is for clearance issues. In my case the windstar intake swap with stock TB would hit the hood, so the guy who designed the kit makes an angled TB spacer so that it will fit under factory hood.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
seriously dont buy it. like many have said its just for clearence. 2rwhp if your pistons are made out of solid gold!!!!!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I have a 95 5.0 with built 306,I had a 65mm tb on it, I put on a larger tb and to clear the stock hood I put a larger intake and tb spacer on it and retune, I was suprised when my tuner told me I picked up 30rwhp and 38rwtq

air_commando88

Established Member
thats pretty good, i'm pretty sure it probably had a lot more to do with the larger throttle body though, i just couldn't see how an aluminum plate could really do anything ya know!

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
I have a 95 5.0 with built 306,I had a 65mm tb on it, I put on a larger tb and to clear the stock hood I put a larger intake and tb spacer on it and retune, I was suprised when my tuner told me I picked up 30rwhp and 38rwtq

intake or cai?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread