22lbs of boost on pump gas with snow meth kit?

redsap05

Established Member
Could it be done? Would it be safe and cost effective? I would like to have about 800-850rwhp on tap all the time and not be stuck buying race gas. I searched and didin't find to much info. thanks.

XtremeS10

Established Member
I dont trust meth/water injection, seen what it does to the diesel guys motors. There are guys over on team shelby claiming the 3.4l whipple with 26lbs of boost running 93 octane.... your call, but be careful, running meth injection should be after the blower, not in the intake like the kit has setup.... just my .02

MRL Performance

Established Member
Could it be done? Would it be safe and cost effective? I would like to have about 800-850rwhp on tap all the time and not be stuck buying race gas. I searched and didin't find to much info. thanks.
yep, but it needs to monitored well, and bang on. i did a 2010 a while back 2.8 kb with the 2.5" pulley(24lbs) with a big dual nozzle custom setup. 94 octane and 786rwhp stock long block.

redsap05

Established Member
Do you have an E85 station nearby?

Yes I do have a e85 station near by. Problem is IF I were to vetnrture to far from home I would not know where to get e85 which makes the the meth kit more attractive, However Iam willing to look more into e85 if it makers more sence to go that way.

BigDan

Established Member
I'm not sure how superchargers differ from turbos but the best way to have a 500whp+ Evo or Subaru daily driver is with water/meth injection. The company Aquamist seems to make a really nice fail safe kit used by the who's who of STI's and Evo's up to 800whp.

Just search Aquamist on youtube, specifically Dynoflash's channel. Good stuff

svt1111

Established Member
It's true that methanol burns invisible, that is exactly why you should always mix it with at least 20% water, for safety alone. Plus the water removes some heat from the IAT's.

Just my 2 cents, but I think the meth/water kits work awesome on high boost cars on pump gas. I've used it quite a bit, and know a few others who have and never had a single issue.

And yes, I've heard that Whipple said its okay to spray meth through their blowers also.

redsap05

Established Member
sounds to me like only a couple people have tried it and they had great success and no problems. I would like to see more people do it. For me personally I think its worth it not to be stuck buying expensive race gas all the time. A friend of mine is running straigt race gas with 26psi on his whipple 3.4 cobra, He buys it by the 55gal drum all time.

ous2418

Established Member
sounds to me like only a couple people have tried it and they had great success and no problems. I would like to see more people do it. For me personally I think its worth it not to be stuck buying expensive race gas all the time. A friend of mine is running straigt race gas with 26psi on his whipple 3.4 cobra, He buys it by the 55gal drum all time.

contact jared at lethal or dustin at whipple they are running a meth kit plumbed in bottom of blower on their 2010 cobra. for best results on a ts the kit needs to be post blower..

MRL Performance

Established Member

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
03/04 Cobra's have run it but the best way to get the full advantage is post blower and actually post Intercooler. It seems if you do it before the intercooler and the air charge is colder then the IC, the IC will actually heat the air up. After the IC it can't do this and you'll get the most benefit.

XtremeS10

Established Member
I am just really sketchy about running a meth setup on my car knowing what happens IF the mixture is off. Would rather spend some money on a 32oz bottle of Torco every tank than run a meth setup for now, until it has its kinks worked out

Users who are viewing this thread