$220 for subrframe install?

dragon40k

Established Member
I was quoted this, but it seemed a bit high? What did everyone else pay?
Edit coated MMFLS is the type...

Last edited:

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I think is fair price do a search you could save more maybe if you dont mind travel but then have to pay for gas so I am sure someone else will chime in . The place that did mine charged me $300.00 and told me with all the work they did they will need to charge more .

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
booricua said:
I think is fair price do a search you could save more maybe if you dont mind travel but then have to pay for gas so I am sure someone else will chime in . The place that did mine charged me $300.00 and told me with all the work they did they will need to charge more .
+1

If you want to take a cruise down to Silver Spring, we have an MACA member that would probably be cheaper, but many of us will assure you the job will be done right.......

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
dragon40k said:
I was quoted this, but it seemed a bit high? What did everyone else pay?
Edit coated MMFLS is the type...

I paid much less and others have seen the weld job (very good)... but like Luis said, it would be quite the hike for you.

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
It should be about $300.00 so at $220.00 you are getting a good price. Just make sure the welding is done correctly.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Does that include the purchase of the SFCs? I paid $40 for labor to have them installed on my 95.

dragon40k

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I trust the place that quoted me the price. Its only about 10 minutes away and every other place (that I would trust) was about 45 minutes. It makes it much easier to get a ride back to my house after the install is done. I will also make sure it is a drive on lift as I understand that the suspension has to be loaded.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
IronTerp said:
+1

If you want to take a cruise down to Silver Spring, we have an MACA member that would probably be cheaper, but many of us will assure you the job will be done right.......

+1 Here! Billy is the man...who did mine! I guarantee it will be lower and just as good if not better! Billy is very good at what he does..and knows his stuff backwards and forwards!

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Mine were 60 dollars and were done at a local brake shop. I'm kinda confused why someone would charge you 4 hours shop labor for a job that any welder could do in about 45 minutes????

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Yellow98SVT said:
Mine were 60 dollars and were done at a local brake shop. I'm kinda confused why someone would charge you 4 hours shop labor for a job that any welder could do in about 45 minutes????

That's what I am saying. If you are paying that much to just have them welded on, youare being riped off. I paid $40 and a 12 pack of Bud to get mine put on my 95, and the Bud was just my way of saying thank you.

SVTCobra3212

Banned
I paid $0.00 My dad and I just finished mine up last night.

IMO I wouldn't pay $220 to have SFC's installed considering it only takes a little over an hour to do it, and to do it right with the proper lift.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I paid $60 , as said before go to a muffler shop they have to have someone who welds and have them put your car on an alignment rack and show them what needs to be done, any welder will look at it and say "piece of cake". might help if you sneak to a tech and see if he'll do it on the side.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I paid 70 bucks for the weld job on my 92, and that was at a custom chassie shop. I'd say 220 is way to steep.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yellow98SVT said:
I've seen three pairs of SFC's installed on Terminators and they were not 45 minute jobs. I would say 2.5 to 3 hours would be a more normal time frame for a correctly installed pair of SFCs on a late model Mustang.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
IronTerp said:
I've seen three pairs of SFC's installed on Terminators and they were not 45 minute jobs. I would say 2.5 to 3 hours would be a more normal time frame for a correctly installed pair of SFCs on a late model Mustang.

Gotta agree with Dwight here...it's not 45 minutes...at least not done correctly...If that is what they say...go somewhere else. This is not a mod you want done wrong!

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
IronTerp said:

dwights right its ALOT of welding to be done right...also be sure they paint everything they weld. also if you have undercoating expect ALOT of time added to take that nasty shit off

dragon40k

Established Member
I was quoted 4 hours of labor. I also understand that I could most likely get it done cheaper at a muffler shop or other welding shop. I just want to get it done and done right. Thats what concerns me the most.

Users who are viewing this thread