21" rear wheels lowered?

Softballer77

Established Member
Been shopping new daily driver wheels for a long while. Don't want 22s. Don't want the same size I have on their either, but I do like a staggered setup. I've found (2) vehicles so far that are running 20x9.5 and 21x11 setup (and I can still run MPSSs on those) and I like the looks of that a lot. It's bigger but not 22s bigger if you know what I'm saying.

I know I am going to want to drop the car just a little bit but not slammed. I've read most all of the spring threads, but none involve a rear 21x11 wheel. If I run a 295/30/21, will it rub with say...FRPPs? Also, just to reconfirm, other than the obvious alignment, any other mandatory items that should be installed to make sure the rear is centered? I think I've come down to doing a Watts Link or adjustable pan hard bar is necessary.

I did MM caster cambers on my 00 when I did the drop on it. Not sure on this one, especially since I'm not wanting it super low. (no sportlines...probably either Pro Kit or FRPPs...just want to take out enough wheel well without it looking slammed or rub)

Thanks.

01mingreyvert

Established Member
No the 295/30/21 will not rub. Its overall diameter is 28" tall and the stock 283/30/20 is 27.9" tall. As long as you have the correct offset rear wheel.

Softballer77

Established Member
Hmm yeah. After your reply i looked on a tire size chart. Looks like I only gain .39" of width as well. Wonder if I could do a 305 instead. Looks like a 305 would net me about 0.8" of more width over stock tire. However the height would increase 0.3". (Overall size on 305/30/21 would be 28.2" tall x 12.01" wide...on average depending on tire)

Softballer77

Established Member
Talking with one of the other guys, he said that the ideal size for a 21" is 21x11.5 with a 325/30/21 tire. The height would be 28.7", and width 12.8". I'm still doing some research on it, but wondered what you guys thought. Again...with say FRPP or Pro Kit springs.

The place possibly doing the wheels said they could measure everything out if I can get the car to them. I'm deployed at the mo so may have to have someone take it down there just to be sure on things. I'll hit the teamshelby forum up as well.

Users who are viewing this thread