20's on a LIGHTNING

ford_lightning

Established Member
20's ON A LIGHTNING

IF i put 20's on my lightning will it make it slower. Some have said no , and other yes. the ford dealer said it wouldnt but it would make the speedodometer off. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK

MPM20

Established Member
i think that this is the wrong forum to post that retarded question in. and if you are serious about that. you should give me your lightning and let me find you a deal on a CIVIC, because that is what you deserve.

UVa SVT

Established Member
MPM20...that was kind of rude.

yes it will make you slower... but if you're into much better looks (In my opinion) with a slight suffering in performance, then go with the wheels man. I would expect about .1 difference in the quarter mile

-Mike

GodStang

Established Member
When I went to bigger wheels on my old car I lost a noticable amount of performance plus my Gas milage went down.

NTIMD8

Powered By KenneBell
Established Member
As mentioned it wil make oyu slower. Why?... Less traction due to less side wall. A stiffer side wall means less traction. The weight of the rimes/tires also will make a small difference.

As far as your speedo.. well it should not be affected as long as it is done preoperly. If you do somethng called plus siezing then the overal diameter of the tire should be the same. there will just be more rim and less rubber side wall but the OD will remain the same.

Good luck

Jason

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by MPM20
i think that this is the wrong forum to post that retarded question in. and if you are serious about that. you should give me your lightning and let me find you a deal on a CIVIC, because that is what you deserve.

MPM calm down, this isnt smackdown!!!

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Do what makes you happy. Probaly would look great. Hey MPM if it's not a Cobra R your a poser!!

florida03

Banned
Just promise you dont get those spinner (spreewell)
wheels. I work with some guy that has 19s on his
L, looks good. I think the Harley trucks come stock with 20s.

MPM20

Established Member
yeah man.

Originally posted by ZincDude
Do what makes you happy. Probaly would look great. Hey MPM if it's not a Cobra R your a poser!!
sorry guys. i thought people would realize it was a joke. by the way. as far as the cobra type R goes. i dont have the wing or the body kit. so HOW am i a poser. besides. that is a project. built 5.4 on the juice. i cant afford a real one. still in college. and i kinda like my stereo and A/C. poser or not. i dont care what ya think. you dont gotta drive it...:beer:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Did not get the joke MPM. Just sticken up for someone asking a question even if it is in the wrong forum. It's hard to know how someone is coming across on these boards sometimes, but at least you drive a Mustang!! PEACE:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread