2022 Mach 1 Handling Pack

HI RPM

Established Member
I agree on the tires not being that good for the street. I have a friend who actually tracks his cars and would purchase the Cups from me so I could immediately swap for Pilot 4S's

Dadz500

Established Member
Thanks for all the advice.

I was really hoping to find someone who came out of a BOSS and got into a Mach 1. Very curious as to their opinions of the two.
Would love to hear the different driving dynamics. Also which one they thought had more character and which one is more fun!
They are different cars. The Boss, to me, still feels a little more raw. I think it’s the solid axle vs IRS. When I got my first S550, the 50th anniversary edition I was pretty disappointed and sold it shortly after I got it and just kept my Boss’ and one of my GT500’s. I think the S550 is just a more civilized car and hear people call them sports cars which in the past you would never hear. They were muscle cars. I think that given a choice between a new Boss (if they still had them) and a Mach, I would probably still have to pick the Boss but would want some of the newer technology out of the Mach. Maybe it’s just in my head but when I think of all my Mustangs the Boss’ always come to mind as being my favorite. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Mach, but in my head the Boss was the ultimate. I could go on and on about them both, what I like more or less about each and every little thing about them both. If you want me to go into more detail, I will.

HI RPM

Established Member
Dadz500, I would LOVE to hear you go on about them. I am Very interested in each and every little thing that you like or dislike.

If you feel this is not the appropriate place to do so, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Dadz500

Established Member
Dadz500, I would LOVE to hear you go on about them. I am Very interested in each and every little thing that you like or dislike.

If you feel this is not the appropriate place to do so, please send me a PM.

Thanks.
You got it. I’ll do some posting tonight for yo

HI RPM

Established Member
You got it. I’ll do some posting tonight for yo
It might be too late. HA!

I'm going to test drive (and hopefully seal the deal on) the leftover 2022 Iconic Silver Mach 1 HP car on Saturday. I felt serious enough to put a $500 (refundable) deposit to hold the car until then.

I have been reading/watching everything I can about the car for the last 2 days, non stop!

I was hoping the splitter could be left off, but I was too late in asking as it was just recently installed with rivits and bolts.

Hoping it wont be any worse than my old lowered '72 Corvette.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It might be too late. HA!

I'm going to test drive (and hopefully seal the deal on) the leftover 2022 Iconic Silver Mach 1 HP car on Saturday. I felt serious enough to put a $500 (refundable) deposit to hold the car until then.

I have been reading/watching everything I can about the car for the last 2 days, non stop!

I was hoping the splitter could be left off, but I was too late in asking as it was just recently installed with rivits and bolts.

Hoping it wont be any worse than my old lowered '72 Corvette.
I near daily drove a ‘13 Boss Laguna Seca for a summer while my dad was down for surgery and I was helping him sell.
Now after driving the ‘23 HP daily I’d say they are both bad ass cars.
As a true modern daily the Mach hands down.
For a raw fun run pleasure car I’d say the Boss. The lighter weight and side exhaust while driving with the activated red key (100% stock both cars) makes it more of an experience.
The Mach can also get rowdy but never to the level of the Boss.
The Tremec in the Mach is hands down better. I have no love for MT82s but banging out 7000+ shifts in each car is fun as hell.
I’m betting you come back with that silver beauty. Great color and spec.
Red calipers to match the stripe?
-J

HI RPM

Established Member
The calipers are black. I agree red ones would have looked good.
Its a 700A car with the HP only. No other options.

My BOSS had Recaros and while they definitely held you in place, I didn't find them comfortable. The lower thigh bolsters were the issue. After about an hour they bothered my leg.
This time I limited my search of Mach 1s to 6 gear, 700A cars WITHOUT Recaros.
My fat ass fits in the standard seats much better.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Factory upgrades are fairly cheap meaning a full set of new red calipers would probably cost you $1000-1200 plus your time or the dealer rate to swap them. Then resell your black set.
Either way the Iconic silver on those cars and the spec is sweet.
-J

HI RPM

Established Member
The deed is done!

I bought the car, but because its out of my home state I will have to wait until later next week for the dealer to get it registered/plated.

I'm hoping to pick it up next Friday morning.

I did not drive the car.
The weather sucked today. It was pouring rain and only 46 degrees when I got there. Not a great combo for the Pilot Cups.

Dadz500

Established Member
I'll post a pic when I get it home
Congratulations! I’m certain you will love it but in the back of your head you will always be comparing it to the Boss. Now that I have some miles I have been driving it harder and it’s definitely fun but I still think I prefer a solid rear axle. I guess I’ll know for sure once all my Steeda parts are on this coming week.

HI RPM

Established Member
My Mach 1 is now home. Picked it up last Friday. Chassis #N4279.

The Cups are coming off and PS4S's are going on this coming Saturday.
I also ordered an Auto Authority spare wheel/tire. It's on route and I should have it soon.

Looking forward to getting some seat time.

Hopefully I can get a decent picture to post this weekend.

Last edited:

HI RPM

Established Member
I’m certain you will love it but in the back of your head you will always be comparing it to the Boss
You are 100% right.

All I have been doing since I got this Mach 1 is compare it to my old Boss.
It is almost unfair to the Mach 1... HA!

I definitely need more seat time.
Once I have had a chance to roll some miles on it ( has less than 500 miles now) I would like to start a thread about the Mach 1 from a former or current Boss 302 owner's perspective.

Hoping others will chime in.

Last edited:

KINGCarnge

Established Member
IMO the Mach 1 is one of the rare mustangs that looks good in any color. Congrats

Here is mine..

Image1687113408.545860.jpg

IMG_6981.JPG
IMG_6977.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dadz500

Established Member
You are 100% right.

All I have been doing since I got this Mach 1 is compare it to my old Boss.
It is almost unfair to the Mach 1... HA!

I definitely need more seat time.
Once I have had a chance to roll some miles on it ( has less than 500 miles now) I would like to start a thread about the Mach 1 from a former or current Boss 302 owner's perspective.

Hoping others will chime in.
After 6 months and setting up the Mach with all the suspension stuff and all that, the Boss still is the winner to me. The Mach is a great car, don’t get me wrong but the Boss was a really great and special car.
Maybe one day I’ll find the Boss I want and add it to the fleet??

HI RPM

Established Member
I'm trying hard to stop dwelling on all the things that the Mach 1 is not ( in comparison to my old Boss) and to be more positive and appreciative towards all the things that the Mach 1 is.

The Mach 1 is way more comfortable.
The seating postion/shifter/pedal placement are all more natural. The heated and cooled seats are great.
The transmission and shifter are both WORLDS better.
The Magnaride suspension, even in "SPORT" mode, is very forgiving on rough pavement, providing a far superior ride.
The brakes are powerful and confidence inspiring. Especially so when the speeds start climbing.
The grip that this car has in the corners is flat out amazing.
The engine is noticeably stronger in the lower rev range.

It is a damn good high performance car with a lot to like.

But still...it is no Boss.
It's nowhere near as "Edgy, Rough or Raw" as the Boss.
It seems slower to react to throttle inputs, even in "Sport" mode.
The engine doesn't seem to rev up as fast or as easily.
Even though it weighs only 200 lbs or so more than the Boss, it feels a lot heavier to me.
It definitely doesn't sound as good, in any of the exhaust modes.
The digital dash, while providing a lot of information and customization, doesn't compare to real analog gauges.

The Boss felt like a home built race car, that I was test driving on the street.
I miss that feeling.

Last edited:

Dadz500

Established Member
I'm trying hard to stop dwelling on all the things that the Mach is not ( in comparison to my old Boss) and to be more positive and appreciative towards all the things that the Mach 1 is.

The Mach 1 is way more comfortable.
The seating postion/shifter/pedal placement are all more natural. The heated and cooled seats are great.
The transmission and shifter are both worlds better
The Magnaride suspension, even in "SPORT" mode, is very forgiving on rough pavement, providing a far superior ride.
The brakes are powerful and confidence inspiring. Even more so when the speeds start climbing.
The grip that this car has in the corners is flat out amazing.
The engine is noticeably stronger in the lower rev range.
It is a damn good high performance car with a lot to like.

But still...it is no Boss.
It's nowhere near as "Edgy, Rough or Raw" as the Boss.
It seems much slower to react to throttle inputs, even in "Sport" mode.
It doesn't seem to rev up as fast or as easily
Even though it weighs only 200 lbs or so more than the Boss, it feels a lot heavier to me.
It definitely doesn't sound as good, in any of the exhaust modes.
The Boss felt like a home built race car, that I was test driving on the street.
I miss that feeling.
Couldn’t agree more. I love my M1 but Iwpuld rather have a “new” Boss.

Users who are viewing this thread