-J

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
So how are you liking it so far?
I’m VERY impressed with mine.
Just under 800mi here
-J
Just crossed 500 miles and getting ready to change the oil. My impressions so far are that the car is awesome. I just had a friend call me this morning to ask the same thing as he is thinking of selling his built 13/14 for one.

The car is big, coming from a fox anything is big but sitting in the garage next to another 13 gt500 its even bigger than that.

Untitled by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Overall the weight and size of the car along with all the tech makes the car seem reasonable rather than overpowered. I love the DCT and in track mode I prefer to leave it in auto shift as it acts as I would if I were paddling it.

I bought recaro seats as I was going to swap them out however I like the base seats more and more (cooled seats in AZ is a must). So Im probably selling the recaro seats and sticking with the base seats as I plan to drive the wheels off this one.

I have a track day scheduled in October with it as well.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Just crossed 500 miles and getting ready to change the oil. My impressions so far are that the car is awesome. I just had a friend call me this morning to ask the same thing as he is thinking of selling his built 13/14 for one.

The car is big, coming from a fox anything is big but sitting in the garage next to another 13 gt500 its even bigger than that.

Untitled by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Overall the weight and size of the car along with all the tech makes the car seem reasonable rather than overpowered. I love the DCT and in track mode I prefer to leave it in auto shift as it acts as I would if I were paddling it.

I bought recaro seats as I was going to swap them out however I like the base seats more and more (cooled seats in AZ is a must). So Im probably selling the recaro seats and sticking with the base seats as I plan to drive the wheels off this one.

I have a track day scheduled in October with it as well.
Track Attack?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Gets hot there so maybe early.

I'd pay to do it again. I did the GT350 Track Attack in Utah and it was great. The GT500 one though was an utter blast with a half day at the strip and the other on the road course. I got lucky and at the height of Covid there were a lot of cancellations. So the strip was just runs over and over again with barely any wait. You'll be in a group at the speedway and there was only two of us and an instructor (he was kick ass). After the initial walk-through lap it was balls out while trying to stay a car length off his bumper. I'll say this, the infield at Charlotte allows you to throw the weight of the car around while on the throttle (trail braking sets things up nicely), and reel it all back in and burst forward until the next turn. Other tracks I've been to aren't configured to heave the car around like that. The ****ing DCT calibration absolutely rocks when you treat the car like track ho that she is.

Users who are viewing this thread