2020 Shelby GT500 Bad Ass Track Day in 4K! (video)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Impromptu track day with 8 camera locations inside/outside the car including chase cars! On track with a ZO6, ZR1, R8 and others. You'll see me chewing up tires running solo as well as getting instruction from an instructor friend.

Turn up your volume and get ready for some track horsepower adrenaline!

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
If you are going to continue to track, then I would recommend that you get a set of aluminum track wheels. A full set of wheels will be a fraction of the cost of replacing a single carbon wheel. Awesome videos.

Goose17

Established Member
If you are going to continue to track, then I would recommend that you get a set of aluminum track wheels. A full set of wheels will be a fraction of the cost of replacing a single carbon wheel. Awesome videos.
I have 3 sets of the CF wheels and 4 sets of the SC2 tires. The CF wheels are fantastic track wheels… super stiff and super light! I won’t be switching to aluminum wheels.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I have 3 sets of the CF wheels and 4 sets of the SC2 tires. The CF wheels are fantastic track wheels… super stiff and super light! I won’t be switching to aluminum wheels.

Goose,

I'm glad you have spares and I'm sure the wheels are fantastic, but wear & tear and even unrepairable damage is possible with enough track time. My comment was due to the high cost of replacement, not for a performance benefit.

Grassroots Motorsports Article: "Are Wheels a Wear Item? Yes, they are"
Are Wheels a Wear Item? Yes, They Are | Articles | Grassroots Motorsports

My wheel whoopsie from a NASA Time Trial:
Wheel Resize 002.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
Goose,

I'm glad you have spares and I'm sure the wheels are fantastic, but wear & tear and even unrepairable damage is possible with enough track time. My comment was due to the high cost of replacement, not for a performance benefit.

View attachment 1716378
I don't think he cares if he bought 3 sets...

Goose17

Established Member
Goose,

View attachment 1716378
Valid point. I’ve had a CF wheel repaired that came to me damaged.
I don't think he cares if he bought 3 sets...
I do care, but I have extras in case anything happens. It gives me options.

blk02edge

Established Member
Valid point. I’ve had a CF wheel repaired that came to me damaged.

I do care, but I have extras in case anything happens. It gives me options.
What I meant is I doubt you care to run alum. If you've spent the time/money to collect 3 sets of CF wheels.

Goose17

Established Member
What I meant is I doubt you care to run alum. If you've spent the time/money to collect 3 sets of CF wheels.
Ahhhh… thanks for clarifying. Yes, I like how the car feels with the CF wheels. I have no plans to change wheels.

Goose17

Established Member
Looks like some good times Tim!!
Hell YES it was! Thanks Darin! Just wait until you take delivery of your beast. Put some SC2s on it and take it to the track… they are insane!

03'Darin

Established Member
I've been reading about those tires and their capability. From what I'm reading they're pretty damn impressive.

Not sure what I'm going to do with tires and or wheels for the track yet. I won't track this car that much so I may just run the stock tires. I have a dedicated fox body car for the track. It's an old road race car. i've only had that car out once in maybe the last 6 or 8 years.

Users who are viewing this thread