2020 Gt500 come with caster camber plates?

Saleenrose

Established Member
Drove car yesterday at dealership, picking it up Monday morning, no caster camber plates in trunk, they do not know, they did not install them. Are they on car? It does have pins thru strut towers but I cannot see under. The dealer is 3000 miles away so making sure I get the plates. Anyone know?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Job2 CFTP cars come with them installed. Job1 CFTP cars had them in a box in the trunk. Base cars with the Handling Package have been rumored to be getting them (Ford's own literature, specifically) but to date they are not getting them in the trunk nor are they installed.

If you have pins coming up through the tower in the area of the three camber plate nuts/studs you have them factory installed.

Snoopy49

Established Member
xwbqh0fgtnc7cmr-5wzatg-jpg.jpg

Saleenrose

Established Member
Then they are on car, no way to get under at dealer for me. First 350 miles down, drives much better than GT350R, very surprised. Same type tire but 500 does not tram line like 350? Very happy with that, wonder how to fix 350 now.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
GT500 and '20R got a new, high caster trail knuckle ('20 non-R uses the old knuckle) that mitigated tramlining.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Can you get me the part numbers? I will be changing my 350 to these parts, drives straight as a arrow.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
These were the part numbers that made up the Camber plate kit Nick sent me.

20200305_194033-L.jpg

If you are asking about knuckle part numbers, new front control arm numbers, etc, I don't have those for the '20R.

Saleenrose

Established Member
sounds like they are referring to a spindle but I am assuming since no bearing support they call it a knuckle. Bolt on hubs.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Pin is showing so I also assume caster plates are there. First 5 days of ownership and first 3100 miles down. 3 days of rain, some downpours, and 2 days of tired as you can imagine on Cup 2 tires. All done, had fun but not sure this is a great long road trip car. Fair fuel mileage at 90 plus, 19, smallest tank on earth. Takes a long time to go anywhere in the southern states on back roads. Even did the Tail of Dragon, 30 mph, 2 state police using radar all in 11 miles, could have skipped that part, lots of twisty roads with no police, much funner.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
GT350 and GT500 both have front knuckles and not spindles. And yes, you have adjustable plates if you see the pins.

Note, there is work required in order to actually be able to adjust the plates as they are "locked" as configured at Flat Rock. I haven't held a set of the latest adjustable plates in my hands but my understanding is that you have to lower the struts and remove the pins. This is a different procedure over that of the earlier factory adjustable camber plates.

Users who are viewing this thread