2018 SHELBY 350R.....STILL NOT IN NO ETA???

huffer

Established Member
I am starting to think about cancelling my order for my 18 Shelby 350R that I ordered Sept 3/2017. I was promised a delivery date of no later then May/18 and all was going as planned with a ETA of May11 and then Suddenly a week before arrival the ETA became TBA.

Now, after trying weeks to finally get answers as to why my car has no longer a ETA the word is from the dealer that some rims are flawed with no ETA on them hence the reason why I have no car??

Is anyone else awaiting a order for a 350R or am I the only one?? The 19's are soon to be available with some nice changes maybe I just might wait as this is really left a sour taste in my mouth...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Did you pay for the car yet? Maybe there is a safety flaw that holding car to fix is saving your life. If you want to throw a fit cancel the order.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I am starting to think about cancelling my order for my 18 Shelby 350R that I ordered Sept 3/2017. I was promised a delivery date of no later then May/18 and all was going as planned with a ETA of May11 and then Suddenly a week before arrival the ETA became TBA.

Now, after trying weeks to finally get answers as to why my car has no longer a ETA the word is from the dealer that some rims are flawed with no ETA on them hence the reason why I have no car??

Is anyone else awaiting a order for a 350R or am I the only one?? The 19's are soon to be available with some nice changes maybe I just might wait as this is really left a sour taste in my mouth...
Is this coming from your dealer or from Ford's own tracking website? If you have a VIN, you can check directly with Ford Performance and find out the status.

huffer

Established Member
Did you pay for the car yet? Maybe there is a safety flaw that holding car to fix is saving your life. If you want to throw a fit cancel the order.
YOU ARE THE EXACT REASON WY I STAY AWAY FROM POSTING ON FORUMS.....

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member

i cannot blame you one bit for being concerned...especially given the info released about the 2019's recently...at this point, if i was you, and if you still want it and can wait a bit longer, i would without a doubt see if you can cancel that order and transfer it to a 2019 MY...unless they are going to give you one heck of a deal on an outdated model then maybe keep waiting? it would have to be a pretty severe deal tho, imo.

huffer

Established Member
I did pay the car in full a few days before the expected ETA then the dealer made me aware to not send my carrier as we no longer have a ETA. I planned on having it picked up at the dealer which is 9hrs away from my location and dropped off near by to have a whipple installed. I am tracking the car on the daily but I have seen no changes except for last week it stated "sent off site"???

I am not having a "fit" in any way but rather disappointed since our summers here in northern Ontario are not the same duration as they are in California. So, you may now have a better understanding to why I am getting at the end of my rope. I am simply reaching out to see if any others are also waiting for a "R" that they have ordered and it's far past the given ETA and if so what is the reason if any that you were given. Thanks

Dawgman

Established Member
Some GT350's, and perhaps also 350R's are being held up at the plant due to an issue with over the top stripes. Projected shipping date is 6/30.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Be patient. It will be worth the wait. Same thing happened with my R, and to a bunch of other guys before you. Ford doesn’t have this process totally down to a science, and us as owners have access to so much information it can drive is crazy. The car will arrive, but worrying won’t make it come any faster.

Work on some household projects and spend time with the family. Once the R arrives all that other shit will be out the window lol

Dawgman

Established Member
A shipping delay caused by a stripe issue seems logical. The cars being help up at the plant are among the last 18’s if not the last 18’s built. The 19’s will have painted stripes so a shortage of tape stripes is not surprising.

huffer

Established Member
Be patient. It will be worth the wait. Same thing happened with my R, and to a bunch of other guys before you. Ford doesn’t have this process totally down to a science, and us as owners have access to so much information it can drive is crazy. The car will arrive, but worrying won’t make it come any faster.

Work on some household projects and spend time with the family. Once the R arrives all that other shit will be out the window lol

Lol......thanks for the advice

nfldcoffee

Established Member
I’m still waiting for my 2018 R too. My car was made 4/30 JR428. I seen a pic of the car on with it stripes on but w/o carbon wheels on 5/18 . Car is still not shipped
My delivery date of 6/01 was changed to 7/07 . The crazy part is this car was ordered over 2 years ago

nfldcoffee

Established Member
I ordered a 2016 Gt350 in Nov 2015 at my SVT dealer with the understanding this gives me the right to order a 2016 R at no up charge.
Received my 2016 Gt350 early May of 2016 and ordered 2016 R same day with large deposit. Trade in my new 2016 GT350 for 2016 R , was told R due to arrive in Aug 2016 so I pass in the keys of the 2016 Gt350 in Aug 2016 , but no R shown up , dealer states R was now going to be received in spring of 2017 and would be a 2017 model. That order than getting push to 2018 R by Ford , reordered as soon as 2018 order banks are opened. Car finally enter production on April 26 2018 but still not shipped.

nfldcoffee

Established Member
I have been told Carbon Revolution can only supply 36 sets of wheels a week so production is halted until they catch up. 2018 production should be finished next week , last chassis # reported JR595

Users who are viewing this thread