2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack 2

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
That price is insanity. You are in GT350 territory, maybe even slightly-used 350R territory. I think even C7 territory. No thanks.

And the 18+ front looks like the 15-17 just woke up from a long nap and doesnt remember what year it is. They took the wrong direction on the styling. Hood lines and bulges are all ****ed too. The only buying point in the entire 18+ to me is the 10AT and digital dash stuff. The styling direction they took almost makes me feel bad about the entire car now, I find myself looking at/for 13/14's more now than 15-17's which, if anyone knows me, knows that's crazy.

I have experience seeing this car for many many months and it has really warmed up on me. Look what happened to all the people crying about when the 15 Mustang came out. Design tends to be a subjective matter but I have the opposite effect. I feel bad looking at a 15-17 now and am looking to part with my 13 GT. There are no massive changes and everything is more refined on the interior and exterior. The hood to fender line looks so much better since the grill has been pushed down and I always hated the park/turn fog light combo. The rear end has subtle changes that really look much better executed and all GT's having quad tips is great. I was lucky enough to work on this refresh in the design studio.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have experience seeing this car for many many months and it has really warmed up on me. Look what happened to all the people crying about when the 15 Mustang came out. Design tends to be a subjective matter but I have the opposite effect. I feel bad looking at a 15-17 now and am looking to part with my 13 GT. There are no massive changes and everything is more refined on the interior and exterior. The hood to fender line looks so much better since the grill has been pushed down and I always hated the park/turn fog light combo. The rear end has subtle changes that really look much better executed and all GT's having quad tips is great. I was lucky enough to work on this refresh in the design studio.

I feel bad looking at the 15-17 AND the refreshed 18 Mustangs.... The only thing I'll agree on is the fenderline was improved, but the rest is a disaster (just talking aesthetics here).

Mustang used to showcase MUSCLE. Now, the new Mustang looks like it was designed by metrosexuals for gender neutral non-binaries.

IMG_9932.JPG

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I feel bad looking at the 15-17 AND the refreshed 18 Mustangs.... The only thing I'll agree on is the fenderline was improved, but the rest is a disaster (just talking aesthetics here).

Mustang used to showcase MUSCLE. Now, the new Mustang looks like it was designed by metrosexuals for gender neutral non-binaries.

View attachment 1441357

There just aren't many pleasing angles on this refresh, it only looks good from the selfie angle a fat girl would take.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

That's what happens when you start trying to court European customers. You know how they love having their swoopy lines and soft interiors.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member

View attachment 1441357

I guess trying to act like a bad ass know it all on the internet is your thing when all I am doing is posting my actual knowledge and experience by seeing the car longer than anyone else has. Relax.

Like I said design is subjective. There is no way to please everyone. The car is much improved.

There are more "muscular" design elements I wish would be included on the next generation but we will have to see.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol.... couldn't someone come up with a better front bumper cover????

Mustang with no chin... looking like:

IMG_9933.JPG

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Ford is just trying to make the Mustang more appealing to all markets. I'm sure heavy thought in the design process was influenced by the fact they were going to introduce the Mustang to Europe.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess trying to act like a bad ass know it all on the internet is your thing when all I am doing is posting my actual knowledge and experience by seeing the car longer than anyone else has. Relax.

Like I said design is subjective. There is no way to please everyone. The car is much improved.

There are more "muscular" design elements I wish would be included on the next generation but we will have to see.

Hook, line and SINKER!

It was just an opinion on a subjective matter. No reason to get worked up. Relax a little.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's what happens when you start trying to court European customers. You know how they love having their swoopy lines and soft interiors.

so true, not sure why they're doing that.

From talking to my customer base, none of them were cross shopping a Mustang GT and a BMW M3.....its a completely different clientele, and if you cater solely to one, you will lose the other side.

Should stick to tried and true.

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
Never said I wanted pictures of you. Your imagination is running wild...

Well hey I am not the one who "supposedly" posted up pictures of me.

Back on subject. We should be seeing the 2018's on dealer lots very soon. They have been flying out of the Pilot plant for a couple months now.

Voltwings

Established Member
so true, not sure why they're doing that.

From talking to my customer base, none of them were cross shopping a Mustang GT and a BMW M3.....its a completely different clientele, and if you cater solely to one, you will lose the other side.

Should stick to tried and true.

I think it's the other way around. No one looking at a mustang is interested in an M3, but with the newfound performance in American muscle cars and the leaps and strides made in the interior department ... m3 customers are probably starting to look at muscle cars.

There's been comparisons with the M4 and the Camaro SS, as well as the GT350 and both cars kicked the crap out of the M4, have a (somewhat?) comparable interior and cost half as much. Unless you're a 100% snob, its hard not to cross shop in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread