2018 GT350 below MSRP

Creedog

Established Member
I may have an option to buy a new 2018 GT350 at $500.00 under MSRP. It is a Lead Foot Grey w/ white stripes. I believe it has the tech electronics package. I may drive over to see it since I have not seen this color before. Would this be a good deal at this time frame for these cars? Given they have been out for 3 yrs and there are a lot of used ones available. But of course no warranty or very little may remain on a used one. And you don't know the history of possible abuse. I own a 2011 GT highly modified I track which I will sell or perhaps trade in if I can get a good price. Just wondering.

Or wait for a 2019 GT350...?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They will probably drop a little further once the GT500 hits, but considering a lot of people are still paying MSRP, it's not awful but not great.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I really wouldn't consider $500 under MSRP a major savings honestly. Now $5,000 on the other hand...

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
You might could get a tad lower, but that’s an 18 guys...not a leftover 17. It’s also not yellow or orange, which seem to see heaviest discounts

boss#301

Established Member
You might could get a tad lower, but that’s an 18 guys...not a leftover 17. It’s also not yellow or orange, which seem to see heaviest discounts
Why these colors have better discounts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Why these colors have better discounts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure, my guess would be not everyone wants a color that wild. A couple of R models that went with lowest ADM I'd seen to date were both yellow. There was a guy that found an orange fury 18 at invoice, everyone believed it was a bait n switch til someone actually called dealer and confirmed. You could probably lump black in there too as I think they produced more in that color.

Drewsky65

Established Member
the orange color is selling extremely fast.
I'm not sure, my guess would be not everyone wants a color that wild. A couple of R models that went with lowest ADM I'd seen to date were both yellow. There was a guy that found an orange fury 18 at invoice, everyone believed it was a bait n switch til someone actually called dealer and confirmed. You could probably lump black in there too as I think they produced more in that color.

i have seen the exact opposite where I am. i personally would not pick up a yellow or orange anything but the 2 my local Ford dealership had sold within 24 hours. for 5 and 6k over for the Orange Fury color. prolly just the new hot color for certain a certain clientele

Creedog

Established Member
I did not make the purchase. I could not get them to come down any lower so I said no thank you. They gave me a fair price for my 2011 GT but I was searching for a better deal. I never got as far as the finance dept rep to ask this, but are we able to purchase an Extended Warranty coverage plan for these specialty cars? The sales person did not know. I may have to look for a low mileage 2017. Can you purchase Extended Warranty coverage for a used GT350?

I ask because I am aware of the replacement cost for these flat plane crank engines is over $20k.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
How is your’s equipped? There are a few ‘17s around here at 10k miles or under, but the pricing does not reflect that.
It's got the electronic package, which to me is the best way to spec a GT350, at least a non-R car.

Gotta have the recaros.

Also, Flood Ford is your best bet on an extended warranty and yes they do offer them for this car.

Creedog

Established Member
I have an extended warranty on my used 2016 GT350.
Were you able to purchase the Extended coverage thru the Ford dealership local to you, perhaps where you purchased the car? Were there various plans available and what type of costs for the coverage plan you have on your used 2016? I am looking at a few 2017s but they are very close to new 2018 new prices.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Were you able to purchase the Extended coverage thru the Ford dealership local to you, perhaps where you purchased the car? Were there various plans available and what type of costs for the coverage plan you have on your used 2016? I am looking at a few 2017s but they are very close to new 2018 new prices.

You can buy it through your local Ford store. Flood Ford offers them at pennies over cost though.

Creedog

Established Member
Is this Flood Ford of East Greenwich RI? I see you are in MO. Did you have it shipped? I researched buy a car in another state and it appears you do not pay the tax in the state of purchase but the state you live/register the car in. Did you go thru a similar situation?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is this Flood Ford of East Greenwich RI? I see you are in MO. Did you have it shipped? I researched buy a car in another state and it appears you do not pay the tax in the state of purchase but the state you live/register the car in. Did you go thru a similar situation?

I'm a Ford dealer. You have to pay tax based on your licensing address.

Creedog

Established Member
What are people’s opinions on Avalanche Grey with blue stripes? Located a 2017 with low mileage I will need to get with the dealership to discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread