I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow,......she sure leaves hard, huh??
Definitely a beastly machine.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Dumb question, but what does corrected speed and time mean and why is it different than what shows on the boards?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Their referring to the corrected conditions that if were normal would result in X speed and ET. its kinda silly. Dyno's do the same thing corrected and uncorrected. the DA there 1800 so there correcting for altitude.

I was actually very impressed with that run by both cars. shit going low 11's and 10's STOCK! the correction in altitude isn't that silly I guess. Take them cars to Atco and they would be running a full second faster I bet!

Ill be sure to be taking my car to Atco for the "Internet" fastest pass and the slip to sell ur car with lol

Dumb question, but what does corrected speed and time mean and why is it different than what shows on the boards?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Their referring to the corrected conditions that if were normal would result in X speed and ET. its kinda silly. Dyno's do the same thing corrected and uncorrected. the DA there 1800 so there correcting for altitude
In that case, yeah, that's dumb.
It is what it is, at that moment. Can't control the weather.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I found myself stalking the Hellcat.org page. I won’t sell the GT500 for a Hellcat, but am wondering if the wife “needs” a Hell Kitty Charger.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just an FYI, every magazines test numbers for acceleration are “corrected” for consistent comparison.
Never knew that. What is the purpose of doing that?
Not being a wise ass, just curious.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
simply due to the fact that the "Uncorrected" would have to be perfect conditions on that day to equal "Corrected" which is almost never.

The Demon not only pulled that 9.65 time with perfect conditions including altitude but they prepped that track all day long to get the perfect track conditions for grip and made sure the tires were the right temps with LOTS of VHT and many passes of good rubber being laid down. No spills down the track, no crosswinds no nothing perfect conditions.

They hire ppl who actually prep a track for a test car to get the best traction for a great 60 ft. and their out there ALL freakn day and sometimes many days looking for the perfect conditions so no its not real work shit at all which is why no one has gone 9.65 @ 145 and likely no one will until they start modifying the Demon then u will see it go into the 8's @ 150+ mph pretty easily.

Remember going 1 tenth faster in ur 60 ft will result in approx 1.5-2 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile depending on HP and combo so a perfectly prepped track will obviously result in a better 60 ft which will result in a better 1/4 mile time and when ur DA is near perfect ur car makes more power obviously.

Never knew that. What is the purpose of doing that?
Not being a wise ass, just curious.

fearthesnake

Established Member
simply due to the fact that the "Uncorrected" would have to be perfect conditions on that day to equal "Corrected" which is almost never.

The Demon not only pulled that 9.65 time with perfect conditions including altitude but they prepped that track all day long to get the perfect track conditions for grip and made sure the tires were the right temps with LOTS of VHT and many passes of good rubber being laid down. No spills down the track, no crosswinds no nothing perfect conditions.

They hire ppl who actually prep a track for a test car to get the best traction for a great 60 ft. and their out there ALL freakn day and sometimes many days looking for the perfect conditions so no its not real work shit at all which is why no one has gone 9.65 @ 145 and likely no one will until they start modifying the Demon then u will see it go into the 8's @ 150+ mph pretty easily.

Remember going 1 tenth faster in ur 60 ft will result in approx 1.5-2 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile depending on HP and combo so a perfectly prepped track will obviously result in a better 60 ft which will result in a better 1/4 mile time and when ur DA is near perfect ur car makes more power obviously.
Some interesting things Ive learned and thanks for explaining.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn they look so stupid with the skinnies on those huge flares.

Fast though.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
which is why no one has gone 9.65 @ 145 and likely no one will until they start modifying the Demon...

Id have to disagree. Not only will they match it but better it as well. Not this season. Winter is basically done and there’s only a handful of cars racing. By next fall/winter everyone should have their cars, with a bunch racing. Thats when we’ll see the 9.65 matched. That’s if these guys can get their cars stock for that long. One has already gone 9.9 in positive DA, give that car -2000 DA and it would have probably ran quicker than 9.65.

Users who are viewing this thread