2017 raptor fan always on

foxyote

Established Member
Just checking to see if there was any final solution for this. Truck is a 2017 ruby red raptor. My fans are constantly on high. Also, when I accelerate hard the coolant temp gauges shows a number reading of +230 degrees. This only happens as I get off the throttle. As soon as I press the throttle again, the temp begins to drop. Highest it has gone to is 238 degrees.

Any idea what the issue is? Don't want to waste time at the dealership without them actually fixing anything.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The temp number shows up as a warning it’s getting too hot

Fans are probably on due to that. Are both fans running? Any cooling system work? The OE motorcraft thermostat is the only one designed correctly (well, technically I think there’s ONE aftermarket piece that’s correct but can’t remember the brand).

foxyote

Established Member
The temp number shows up as a warning it’s getting too hot

Fans are probably on due to that. Are both fans running? Any cooling system work? The OE motorcraft thermostat is the only one designed correctly (well, technically I think there’s ONE aftermarket piece that’s correct but can’t remember the brand).
Good question. I've never checked if it's both fans or one but based on. Noise I'm guessing both. Would a faulty thermostat be the problem? Unknown what kind of work has been done to the cooling system. I'll look through the binder full of maintenance records that were provided. Owner took amazing care of this truck and kept ALL receipts.

foxyote

Established Member
So a bit of an update. I haven't had time to take into the dealership to have it looked at. I was able to bargain my way into 4 days off at work and decided to visit our family ranch. While at the ranch I took my truck on dirt roads but I definitely wouldn't call it off roading.

Immediately after, I noticed my fans stopped staying constantly on. Also, my truck does the autostart/stop at complete stops now. I've noticed that the fans are not on for extended periods of time anymore.

Makes me the think that maybe a connection somewhere was loose? Maybe the bumps of the dirt roads juggled it back together? Only thing I can think of.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
that would seem to be the only logical explanation but doesnt sound fun to troubleshoot if it starts doing it again

Users who are viewing this thread