2017 5.0 maintenance

jdcobra

Established Member
As I stated in a post earlier, I picked up a clean one owner 2017 5.0 with 47k miles on it with a car fax showing up to date regularly scheduled maintenance.

The dilemma I’m facing now is because I plan to keep the car for a few years, should I do the maintenance myself keeping receipts and tracking mileage? Or should I just pay to have the maintenance done so that it shows up in a vehicle report down the road when I sell it or trade it in?

nxhappy

Established Member
As I stated in a post earlier, I picked up a clean one owner 2017 5.0 with 47k miles on it with a car fax showing up to date regularly scheduled maintenance.

The dilemma I’m facing now is because I plan to keep the car for a few years, should I do the maintenance myself keeping receipts and tracking mileage? Or should I just pay to have the maintenance done so that it shows up in a vehicle report down the road when I sell it or trade it in?
it's $60 for a full syn oil change @ the shop so it's not worth it doing it yourself IMO

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’m a DIYer but I’ve never kept my receipts after warranty expired. It’s important to if you yourself are doing maintenance if it’s under factory warranty. Something pops up, poof you got the rap sheet. Outside of that, if you wanna keep a booklet. Do it, if not don’t. Most don’t even do that.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What exactly are you looking for?

If your plan is to turn around in a few years and sell to get the most money out of the car then just pay the dealership for everything for maintenance. That way there is a log that will show up on car fax and other reports.

If you plan to keep the car and have no real plans on selling and keep for a DD or personal toy then just do the maintenance yourself and if you choose keep records.

jdcobra

Established Member
What exactly are you looking for?

If your plan is to turn around in a few years and sell to get the most money out of the car then just pay the dealership for everything for maintenance. That way there is a log that will show up on car fax and other reports.

If you plan to keep the car and have no real plans on selling and keep for a DD or personal toy then just do the maintenance yourself and if you choose keep records.

Well idk what the supposed refresh of the body style is going to look like in 2022, if it even comes out then with everything that’s been going on. I was just trying to see if people valued a Carfax over me keeping records showing what’s been done. I was just curious to see if it was worth spending the extra change for possible resale value down the road.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
By the time the 2022 comes out, I doubt it'll really make a huge difference on a 5.0.
If the car sounds right(aka no ticking/knocking) and it's still in good shape then that's what will sell the car. Along with having good pricing

Keep your receipts and enjoy the car if you prefer to do it yourself.

jdcobra

Established Member
By the time the 2022 comes out, I doubt it'll really make a huge difference on a 5.0.
If the car sounds right(aka no ticking/knocking) and it's still in good shape then that's what will sell the car. Along with having good pricing

Keep your receipts and enjoy the car if you prefer to do it yourself.

This is true. The car idles so smooth and drives like a dream to be honest. It doesn’t feel like it has 47k miles on it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread