2016 Shelby GT350R Auction

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2016 Shelby GT350R Featured.jpg
First Choice
The first retail Shelby GT350R raises $1,000,000 for charity at Barrett-Jackson
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

Having any 2016 Shelby GT350R would be special, but having the first one to roll out of Flat Rock is really something. If you have enough loot in the bank, you’ll have the opportunity to own the first one—at least the first one available for retail sale—as it rolls across the auction block at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, Arizona, today. However, even if you can’t afford to buy it, you can feel good that the proceeds will help fight juvenile diabetes.
Continue reading →

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
This will be interesting. The first 2015 Z06 convertible went for $800,000 last night. How much will they be willing to bid on this one ?

Pete

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yup 500-600k would be my guess too.

You were almost spot on! The bidding paused right at that price, hammer was almost down, then it shot to almost double that, crazy... I would have guesses the same as you had.

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
The final bid was worth about 18 base GT350's with some options. And it was mostly for charity, but there is an ungodly amount of money there.

Pete

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
It's a charitable gift to JDRF, the bidders should be praised, the more the better! Oh yeah, you get a car too. Philanthropy is very rewarding.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Where was that pic the GM nutlickers put up a while back where they were comparing the auction price of the first Z28 compared to the auction price of the first 2015 mustang GT????? They are literally eating their words now asshats.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It's great that it went for a milli, but I'm concerned about the implications for dealer markup. There will, no doubt, be dealers who will mark it up to $100K or more after seeing this.

Last edited:

jes_csx

Established Member
I was at BJ weds-saturday, and I found myself wondering over to this car countless times. My favorite part of the whole show (And I was there selling a customers car that I worked on for record $, so possibly second favorite) was talking to Shawn (manager of the gt350 prog @svt) who was babysitting the car. Talk about a really cool guy. He was on a week long Ford high mixed with sleep deprivation, but still very passionate about the car and quite excited to talk about it. I also learned "the internet is wrong about a lot of things" ;)
In a good way.

Last edited:

hognutz

Established Member
It's great that it went for a milli, but I'm concerned about the implications for dealer markup. There will, no doubt, be dealers who will mark it up to $100K or more after seeing this.

it won't matter. the fist c7 vette went for 1.1 million and you could buy them at MSRP or under. this charity stuff always brings out the poeple with deap pockets and the prices are irrational. I think the 2014 C7 sold for more than the 2015 z06 which does not make a ton of sense to me.

I think it was the 2007 shelby cobra that went for like 600k that might have started all this insantiy.

basically money is back in the economy and these auction prices are showing it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread