2016 Shelby GT350 will start at $47,870 MSRP, GT350R will start at $61,370 MSRP

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
+1
I made a thread about the s197 5.0 vs sn95 terminator on the road course and only the die hard, never been on the road course Terminator guys kept replying with: "we need to see actual evidence" or "wait for someone with a Terminator that tracks it to respond".
I like to reference the fact that there werent any factory backed (that I know of) sn95 cars. They needed the help of griggs or agent47. Also, how few sn95 cars you see racing on TV (between '94-'04), where as the s197 is campaigned in multiple racing series.

I'm at Laguna and Sonoma about 4-5 times a year and never see the terminators or 94-04 mustangs. Its weird but I've seen Charger magnums, two of them in sonoma doing laps (one fried an engine), but never a terminator. Not saying they dont exist, its just something the car don't well in.

Tiger racing factory backed iirc.

The sn95's need loving and a lot of work to handle well but it can be done and is a ton of fun. You don't see basically any 15 year old cars competing in gt3 because obviously though. If a team seriously tried to run an e46 or sn95 they'd likely get laughed out of pit lane now adays, and qualify last...

Racebronco's 03 is pretty beast. Mine isn't too bad in the twisties either.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yes, drag racing is for us ham fisted, knuckle dragging "talentless" Americans. I wonder how many passes it would take you to get an ET remotely close to an actual skilled drag racer. My guess is enough that you would quit before you got there. All forms of motorsport require talent and skill.

While all of this is true, no one can doubt that circuit work is much more involving and difficult to learn than drag racing. I love drag racing as much as most but it's not as involved or difficult as hot lapping.

I'd say the average joe would be better at drag racing than circuit racing given like 5-10hrs of seat time at either venue.

I taught myself power shifting in an hour with YouTube and my daily driver. First time I wotshifted my cobra I thought I was in heaven ha, good times.

Users who are viewing this thread