• 2016 GT350

Votes: 59 41.0%
  • 2015 Z06

Votes: 85 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TorchMach

Established Member
As the title shows. Which would you rather get of the two?

I know the Z06 is in a different price range but I feel from a performance enthusiast standpoint and someone shopping for a sports car. These two might be in the conversation on which to go with. (I'm not shopping for either; just thought it would be a good topic)

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I voted z06 but I think for the price GT350 will be a better car, assuming it is around 60k.

sunnyd09

Established Member
Not a fair comparison since they're in two different price ranges, but I'd take the z06.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The new Z06 has evolved a bit away from a track bread car. It's still more than capable, but if I was looking for something that was going to be a track toy, I'd probably be looking at the GT350 or the Z/28.

With that said, the wife and I are looking at ordering a 1LZ z06 once the hype and dealer adjustments calm down on them. The z is likely the better "all arrounder" of the two.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Z06 is going to most likely be another $25K-$30K more expensive when comparing base models. It's a GT350 for me. I strayed away from Ford for my last two hotrods, I won't make that mistake again.

TorchMach

Established Member
ZO6 seems to be the pretty much what everyone is going with. I voted ZO6 myself, it just looks so awesome. I would get regular breaks though, no need for ceramics if 75% of driving would be street driving if we're being honest.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
In what way, having a back seat?

That I didn't take that into consideration. When you get to a certain point with horsepower and rear wheel drive you end up with a car that is difficult to use in a meaningful way. The Z06 is badass, I did say I picked it. But it seems like a car that will create a lot "oh shit" moments for people. Depending on the price the I think the GT350 could offer an overall package that provides the driver a better return on their "investment" I find the engine alone to be much more interesting than what is in the Vette.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
With regards to back seat, then the GT350.

Otherwise, I don't think there is one performance aspect that would make a GT350 even close. C7Z all the way. Can't wait to hear how both cars respond to mods.

Blown 89

Established Member
It depends on what one planned on doing with it.

If it were for a track car I'd go with the 350 simply because it's cheaper and you could dump the savings into tires, fuel, and other supporting expenses. Or you could buy the 350 for the street and dump the rest of the money into a faster used track specific beater or better yet a faster shifter kart with money left over.

If it were for nothing but street use, which is what 99.9% of the people on here do I'd go with the Z06.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I would pick the GT350 because I would make use of the back seats and the car itself is more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread