2016 GT Factory Line Lock with drag wheels (No TPMS sensors)

Kenneth Risher

Established Member
Anyone able to use the factory line-lock with 4 drag wheels on car with no TPMS sensors?
My car 2016 GT (auto) isn't allowing me to use the line-lock with 4 drag wheels on the car. When I have just the front (skinny's) on the car with no TPMS sensors...the line-lock works...using stock rear wheels. When I bolt my drag wheels on the back (which makes all 4 wheels with no TPMS sensors) it will not allow the line-lock to work.

Also...what are your starting line procedures? Track...street?

1. On the street (street tires) the car leaves MUCH better with the traction control on...
BUT...when it shifts 1-2 the car spins and the Advance Track absolutely KILLS the car and can make you lose the race.

2. With Advance Track (hold the traction control switch for 11 seconds) off...that also turns the traction control off...so the car spins like mad off the start (street tires on the street) and it's a wild ride when it breaks the tires loose at 65mph....but it's fun....but still hurts your time in a race.

So...back to the track...11 seconds to turn Advance track off...that's a long time when you're at the track before the burnout box....

Then...(assuming the line-lock works) that's another 10-15 seconds...that results in a pissed off person in the other lane...

I'm hoping someone programs a module to turn that shit off & a plug-in button on a cord/wire that turns the line lock on...and off...

Please feel free to list your street & track starting line procedures...also...any auto cars do their burnout in 2nd gear? How? (sport mode??)

whatsup62

Established Member
Dont know about the four tire thing with no sensor.
But why would you wait until you are on the track to turn off traction control. I never drive with it on...period. Turn it off in the pits when going to staging or turn it off in staging. Push button in and hold it for 6 seconds until Advance trac Off pops up on screen ...then push ok. You can do this moving or sitting still. When in the process of doing line loc...push the ok button and roll out of it. Dont have to stay in it for the entire time.

Users who are viewing this thread