2016 GT cat delete exhaust

jrdakota25

I'm looking for an exhaust system to run factory headers but delete my cats and resonator. I'm only finding cat back systems... are there any systems out that eliminate the cats and that bolt to oem headers?

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
wrong category, this is 11-14 mustang forum. Authough I don't know the newer car real well, I am pretty sure the passenger side exhaust manifold has the cat in one piece, so if you are to cat delete you have to remove it, cut it off, have a flange welded in and re-mount.... which at that point might as well do a header install. I think it was only 1 side but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
wrong category, this is 11-14 mustang forum. Authough I don't know the newer car real well, I am pretty sure the passenger side exhaust manifold has the cat in one piece, so if you are to cat delete you have to remove it, have a flange welded in and re-mount.... which at that point might as well do a header install. I think it was only 1 side but I could be wrong.

Your right. Someone did make a cat delete for the 15+ coyote though. http://www.makperformance.com/2015-2017-Mustang-GT-MAK-Performance-Cat-Delete-Pipes_p_299.html

That's who I seen made one. Seems pretty hard to get a welder in there though lol. Even harder to put headers on than the 11-14.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

wr450

Established Member
Thank god i bought a 14 i was gonna wait so i could pay cash but wanted the solid axle but ill bet that 16 handles like a mofo

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Thank god i bought a 14 i was gonna wait so i could pay cash but wanted the solid axle but ill bet that 16 handles like a mofo

Hands down. Softer ride also. The s550 has turned the Mustang into a true GT car.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
15+ only mak makes a cat delete, but you have to cut your stock headers

if you really want offroad options, we have full headers starting only 700

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
15+ only mak makes a cat delete, but you have to cut your stock headers

if you really want offroad options, we have full headers starting only 700

^ This. Save another $400-$800 and do it right. I plan on headers at some point. Just as soon as I have the free cash.

Users who are viewing this thread