2015 Weight Loss Thread

Tylerc

Established Member
Thought I would make a thread for all those that are looking to lose weight this year. I work in construction so really only looking to get more cardio this year and rejoin the gym. Never really had a good workout plan when i last went to the gym so if anyone has any pointers or good plans let me know.

Anyone else have plans to lose weight or get in better shape?

Stang Lover

Established Member
I need to cut some flab off my sides but overall I think I'm pretty fit. I need to stay away from Texas Roadhouse rolls...

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I am. Winter time gets slow with work so easy to pack it on. Decided to cut out all drinking for atleast a month (partially in hopes of lowering my tolerance as it's stupid high) and get back to lifting and running. I absolutely hate running, but I have a treadmill and see it is a necessary evil.

Has nothing to do with resoloutions, just had to wait until after holidays so I don't have people wanting to hang out and drink/eat all day.

blackbolt2003

Established Member
From Sept through the end of November I went from 235 to 172 and I'm 6' 2". I stopped eating fried food and sugary drinks. I eat oatmeal for breakfast, salad or sandwich for lunch, fruit for a snack, and then for dinner I eat meat and veggies mostly. The only snacks I eat are veggies and fruits in the evening as well. I did this without exercising for 1 minute...I know it sounds too easy, but reducing bad calorie intake works.

Tylerc

Established Member
Yes that will help for weight loss but its not going to help cardio nearly as much as exercise.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I need to cut some flab off my sides but overall I think I'm pretty fit. I need to stay away from Texas Roadhouse rolls...

OMG they are to die for

I just need the weather to cooperate so I can Cycle and loose a few more punds

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I would like to drop 35lbs it's not a New Years thing just want too. I need to do more walking running. I do not have a gym membership I also probably need to cut some drinking out. Like above I just chose to wait till now cause it was to hard on the holidays.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I just can't wait for March when all the resolutionaries clear out of the gym again....

Personally I plan to cut 17lbs from 215 to 198 and compete at a couple local powerlifting meets.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I'm trying to cut weight too. I use to be a big gym nut but several years ago but quit going after a wrist injury. I'm really not sure where to start again besides my free weights in my garage

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I'm in the process of getting back down to 150-160lbs. Over this past first year of marriage and the holidays I've packed on some weight. I only need to drop 20-30lbs, obviously 30lbs sounds like allot but my weight fluctuates very rapidly. Bootcamp I was 140lbs, 3 months late at A school when I did nothing but lift and run I was 195. I really just need to get back to the gym on a daily basis again

Blackness03

Established Member
I need to drop 30lbs. I have been waiting until after the holidays to do it because its very hard for me to diet when I'm off work a lot. Today is first day of cutting back. No more beer or fried food for a while

sdoo500

Established Member
Started crossfit mid-August and am down about 20 lbs. Feels like 50 though as I have gotten so much stronger and just feel so much better. Goal is to lose another 10 lbs or so then start at a regular gym, crossfit kool aid has worn off. Worked great for me but time to move on to something a little less destructive. I'm 6' and started at 235 and am roughly 215 right now for reference.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Today is D-Day for me. :nonono:
Cutting out sugar and going low carbs, also starting the Stronglifts 5x5 program today after work.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'd like to try to cut some weight. Been going to the gym for two months now, 3-5 days a week doing HIIT classes. I burn between 750-950 calories per class, plus some cycling here and there. Haven't lost a pound in 2 months. Hopefully I'm building up a little muscle and that's what's balancing out the weight. Of course, I've also been waiting for the holidays to end to actually start eating better. Didn't want to sacrifice all the good food and desserts if I don't have to.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I want to get under 190. I work out enough just need to cut out the crappy food. I'm 5'11" still can fit/squeeze :p into 34" pants

G04cobra

Established Member
There's no shortcut, I'm 6'2 since last April I've lost about 35 lbs through diet and exercise. I'd recommend dialing in your diet first and foremost. After you get that down look for an exercise program that incorporates super sets. Once you see results you'll be motivated. The hardest part is to actually begin.

Edit: I did John Cena's 10 week body change diet to start and the Evolution workout program by Joe Manganiello.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im doing 180*, im actually cancelling my gym membership this month.

My new years resolution was to cut unnecessary monetary expenditures. Screw cutting weight.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I truly believe 99% is nutrition, burning more calories than you consume in a day will create weight loss. I kind of chuckle when everyone states wanting to lose weight, when I consider it wanting to lose fat not necessarily weight. Good luck on your journey everyone! I dropped about 10lbs and now people think I look smaller because I lost some fat, lol. My muscles haven't shrunk, but now I'm at 180lbs and time to bulk up again!

Kenneth

Established Member
I went on a low carb diet, along with stopping drinking soda's and lost a total of 50lbs.
went from 247 to 197 as of last week. would like to lose maybe another 15-20 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread