2015 SRT Challenger Hellcat

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I like the Challenger but adding more horsepower to it doesn't make up for its shortcomings. It needs to go a significant diet to be competitive.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I wouldnt need it weighing less, just give me a manual trans. It would be a fun car. I love the way they look. Not everyone needs everything to weigh like a mustang or close.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I'm hoping to see an SRT8 Jeep Hellcat. Love my 13 SRT8 JGC as a daily.

bumplime

Established Member
I'd be way more interested if it wasn't an automatic...

I'm the exact opposite, I'm more interested due to the automatic (arthritic knees/surgically repaired knees) I've been waiting for a GT500 with an auto, maybe even something a bit less than a GT500 power wise but more than what's available in the current Mustang line up.

All that said, they need to be addressing a lot more than just a lack of power. Hopefully they are upgrading engine internals for the added stress, if they're following what people do to mod the boosted engines, they will.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
It looks promising, but it's hard to say for sure. There's been lots of rumors and concept graphics floating around for it, so it's hard to say what's true and what isn't These very well may just be mule cars for it rather than the actual thing.

I'm still scratching my head a bit on the ZF transmission selection. ZF is not a name I associate with anything remotely performance. When I hear ZF I think extremely complex European bus transmissions geared for fuel economy.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Not in any way impressed. There is a reason Chrysler has been in the back for a while( performance wise) and making decisions like this seem to continue keeping them down. Still waiting for a dart srt4 as well. Let's see what they do in a few years when ford and chevy's sports cars have all lost a couple hundred pounds and their closest competitor is still over 4k. This is for the die hard Chrysler fans who can't see anything but mopar nastalgia. They can have it.

Jebadias

Established Member
That exhaust looks too cheap for that car. I'll bet they just shoved it there for now and will have something better for the real car.

Obviously I prefer the Mustang for performance as I have one, but I really do like the Challenger as a daily driver. Of course for what they are gonna charge for that car I would not be interested, I'd just opt for an R/T. Still it's nice to see they are still trying and who knows, if challengers stay profitable then maybe they will invest the money into putting that pig on a diet.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I will third that the exhaust looks terrible . No way it will compare to the S550 platform if the rumours about massive weight loss , smaller dimensions are true with the 2015 stang .

Users who are viewing this thread