2015 Shelby GT350R Wheels

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Shelby GT350R Wheels Featured.jpg
Carbon Copies
Ford details the carbon-fiber wheels created for the Shelby GT350R
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

We knew that Ford Performance was pulling out all the stops when it was announced that the 2015 Shelby GT350R would roll on carbon fiber wheels. Reducing weight was a priority on the GT350 program, and it was prioritized even higher on the R-model. While carbon fiber wheels are definitely lighter, they offer more for performance than just reduced weight.
Continue reading →

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Kudos to Ford for having the guts to follow through on this one. The technology is fascinating and the hope is that cost can come down with increased production.

And as always Steve, I really enjoy the way you write. Well done.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Has anyone figured out what the offset is on the front wheels? We know the rears are +56.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone figured out what the offset is on the front wheels? We know the rears are +56.

X2
I particularly enjoy the design of the 20" 2013-14 GT500 base wheels I have on my car, but the performance benefits can't be ignored.

Been a long time member at SVTP, I gotta say the edition of Editor Turner and tech from Tob kicks ass, thanks guys.
-J
:beer:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
American Muscle has replicas for $129 each, real Chinese CF! I pre-ordered. :)
Seriously though I thought I heard $7500-9000 for a similar set from the same maker.
-J

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
American Muscle has replicas for $129 each, real Chinese CF! I pre-ordered. :)
Seriously though I thought I heard $7500-9000 for a similar set from the same maker.
-J
Which is actually a relative bargain if you were aware of them when they offered the first aftermarket wheels at $15k/set a few years ago. If they were 7500 a set I'd actually go in even for my street car. Just changing from my heavy summer wheels/tires (massive 18s) to my lighter winter set (steel 17s) is amazing in terms of stop and go - I can only imagine how awesome a light set with actual cornering capability will feel....

Man - I dunno if you're serious about the Chinese CF wheels - but if that's true (and I'm guessing it's not) there's no way in hell I'd put my life on the line with those on my car!! I'm assuming the CF is paint or a dip...

Users who are viewing this thread