2015 Shelby GT350R-C Race Win

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Shelby GT350R-C Race Win.jpg
Youth Movement
Sixteen-year-old Austin Cindric piloted the Shelby GT350R-C to its first win
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Performance and IMSA

After finishing just off the podium in its rain-soaked first outing, the Ford Performance Shelby GT350R-C scored its first victory in IMSA’s Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Clarington, Ontario, Canada. Saturday’s victory wasn’t just significant because the Multimatic Motorsports team is headquartered in Canada, but the car’s driver—16-year-old Austin Cindric—was the youngest yet to win in CTSC competition. So history was made on two fronts at the track formerly known as Mosport.
Continue reading →

Lemers

Established Member
Congratulations on the win.

When do the restrictions start?

16 yr old driver? Now that's impressive. I have a 15 yr old son I wouldn't let anywhere near the drivers seat of a sports car.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Congratulations on the win.

When do the restrictions start?

16 yr old driver? Now that's impressive. I have a 15 yr old son I wouldn't let anywhere near the drivers seat of a sports car.

It already has them, just like every car out there.

cluscher

Established Member
More restrictions will come. I think it's just a matter of time. This was basically Multimatic's first "test" race, and I'm sure they learned quite a bit. The refinement process of the setup is not complete. The car did look like it was in a class of it's own, so they will likely have to figure out added restrictions sooner than later.

One thing I observed that really sets this chassis apart from the S197 was how planted the rear end was during threshold braking and corner entry. The stick axle Boss would get a little upset and squirrelly while the GT350, side by side, was smooth and planted. A very observable difference.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Kids Dad is Tim Cindrick, former crew chief for helio Castroneves and now I believe, President at Penske Racing

anyone know when race will be televised

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
IMSA puts up the races on their youtube channel after they are broadcast on TV. They posted the GS race today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AAJpTURZvk

350RCs were fast they had a good chance to finish 1st and 2nd good to see mustangs running super strong.
Really want to see how fast the new Ford GTs are going to be out of the gate.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I watched the race on the 19th. It was fantastic. All kinds of porsche guys saying "the ford was just too fast today" I am assuming that's there way of asking for more restrictions. Car looked well sorted and wicked good at putting the power down out of the corners.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
It was stated during the race Z28s have had to raise ride heights which is causing some setup issues they are working on. It seemed the 350s didn't really care were they had to run the were dialed in. They were quick for sure plus they lost a car they probably will not have 2 350s ready so the 50lbs is going add more challenges to a full plate.

svt1111

Established Member
I saw the race too and was really impressed by the new Mustang. The Porsche is still running the 997 chassis, which is interesting that it did so well against the GT350 RC. Still, the GT350RC looked like it was in a class by itself for sure.

On a side note, if the race car weight was down to 3400, can we speculate then that the street trim will be 3800??? Also, I wonder how much HP the restrictor cuts down the 5.2 by?

Big win by a young, and talented driver. He has a great future in the sport.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
The Porsche driver after the driver swap was saying they wanted to see what the 350 would do after running a set of tires awhile it just kept rocking. I think the balance they achieved in the new setup is going to make the 350 a strong car. Its great to see this trend start a good overall balanced car. I want to see the tests against the other contenders in motor trend.

Users who are viewing this thread